RAF100 Group Build Reveal Details

Featured · Started by Paul Barber · 1 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Dear RAF100 club members!

It is nearly time for the final reveal. After conversations with a number of members I have decided to gain for the group 10 extra days by truncating some of the reveal dates. The following amendments will hopefully help all to hit deadlines and produce about a fortnight of RAF related activity on iM as opposed to a less streamlined 3 weeks!

Please have a careful look at the list and internalise your new reveal date:

Monday 10th December 1910s
    Tuesday 11th December 1920s
    Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th December 1930s
    Friday 14th and Saturday 15th December 1940s
    Sunday 16th December 1950s
    Monday 17th December and Tuesday 18th December 1960s
    Wednesday 19th December 1970s
    Thursday 20th December 1980s
    Friday 21st December 1990s
    Saturday 22nd December 2000s
    Sunday 23rd December 2010s

As the time period (decade) of your build comes around please do the following by way of a reveal.

1. Publish your longer article on your new RAF100 builds on the iM headlines page as normal.

2. Post 2 or 3 of your best photos in the 'decade' thread on the group page. with minimal detail (Kit, Scale, and details of the aircraft or machine including Squadron and key operations where possible - no further history or build details in the timeline posts please).

The 'decade sections' will be posted shortly after this update. While I'd ask that we please adhere to the times where possible - there is clearly no problem with later additions.

This will give us a time line through the 100 years and will allow a multimedia presentation to be created by way of commemoration.

I have begun this for the previous builds, and will hopefully put that out on the first day of the reveal. Once we have all decades filled - I will put out the second multimedia presentation before the end of the year.

If you have any more previous builds to add please get them to me asap (pm is fine or email [email protected]).

Thanks so much in advance. It has been a great mini-community and the WIPs have been both an education and an entertainment. Let's bring it home in style!