My RCAF aerobatic team aircraft to date, in build order.

Started by Allan J Withers · 7 · 3 years ago · 1/72, aerobatic, Canadair, RCAF
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Canadair CL 13B Mk 6 Sabre, Goldenhawks, 1/72 Hobbycraft. Canadair CT 114 Tutor, Snowbirds, 1/72 Hobbycraft. Canadair CT 114 Tutor, Golden Centennaires, 1/72 Hobbycraft.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew White said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Nice work!

I'll have to get mine lined up and photographed to contribute to the thread. I enjoy building 1/48 scale "Demo" team aircraft...working towards doing all the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds aircraft as well as one from each of the teams around the world.

I have a 1/48 Belcher Bits CT-114 as well as the Hobbycraft kit, I plan to do a bit of "kit bashing" to try and get a nice rendition of a "Snowbird" built.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 7 years, 9 months ago:

They look real sharp. I think I did a T-33 Goldenhawk years ago, alas it didnt survive, Saw the Snowbirds this past July 4th perform , a great team .

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Thanks Andrew, I look forward to your contribution, I will post more of mine as I can.

Thanks Robert, shame about the T33, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any foreign teams except on telly, although the Thunderbirds did visit Aus' not that long ago.

• Profile Photo
    Don Weixl said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Very nice RCAF aircraft Allan. I am a little biased as I am a Canadian. I was fortunate to fly with the Snowbirds several times back in the 80s as a photographer. My father flew Sabres and 104s with the RCAF back in the day.

• Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Allen @kalamazoo, I agree with Don - impressive collection, even though I might be a little biased also.
    Lucky Don - flying with the Snowbirds!
    And Allen, now you got my brain ticking about future builds, maybe a NEAR future build?
    BTW - I did not even know about the Golden Centennaires, NICE!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Thanks Don, you were lucky getting to fly with them more than once ! ------------ Thank you George, I have many more Canadian subjects to model ! the more the better !