1/72 Hasegawa RF-101C

• 11 posts
  • Last reply 1 week, 4 days ago
  • f-101, Hasegawa, USAF, Voodoo
Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts
  • Jay Mitchell said 1 week, 4 days ago:

I built one of these in the late 1970s. I thought it’d be a nice nostalgia build to build another one after 40+ years. However , it didn’t turn out as nice as I had envisioned. The 40 year old decals worked well though. With encouragement from two of my good friends, Jordyn Collier @1corsair64 & David Mills @davem, I persevered and finished it as my first 2021 completed model.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Jeff Carle said 1 week, 4 days ago:

It is just an elegant aircraft, and your work is great!

Thanks Jeff ! I’ve always admired the One -Oh -Wonder.

• Robert Royes said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Nice! looks great. I did this kit years ago also, as I remember the nose gear was rather fragile.

• Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 4 days ago:

This is a great model out of the old, classic Hasegawa kit, my friend Jay!
    A sweet nostalgic aura surrounds it. It was a very good idea to put it together.
    Thanks for sharing!

• Erik Gjørup said 1 week, 4 days ago:

What do you do – do you VooDoo?

I do not know why, but I always liked the shape of this big plane. Nice result from a very old kit Jay @ssgt!

Erik @airbum , I think the 101 & 105 are the prettiest of the Century Series of fighters.

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it. It’s a pretty good kit for bring so old.

Thanks Spiros @fiveten,
    It seems like most of the models I build are older kits from the dawn of my modeling life. One day I need to try a new tool kit.

• David Mills said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Nice work Jay ! @ssgt.
    Nice result with a very old kit – like Erik says!

• John Healy said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Nice work, Jay. I like seeing these kits built. I built one of those in 1976 and used Humbrol Authentics Vietnam camo colors on it. All painted with a brush. That was the kit that made me a lifelong modeler.

Thanks John @j-healy. I think the one I built was in about 1978 or so. If I was a skilled brush painter , I would have use SEA paint scheme on this one.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts