1/72 Hasegawa RF-101C

Started by Jay Mitchell · 11 · 3 years ago · f-101, Hasegawa, USAF, Voodoo
  • Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 3 years, 2 months ago:

I built one of these in the late 1970s. I thought it’d be fun to build another one after 40+ years. It’s a nice addition to the collection of old USAF Cold War aircraft.
    The 40 year old decals worked well, better then some newer ones I’ve used. It is my first 2021 completed model.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Carle said 3 years, 2 months ago:

It is just an elegant aircraft, and your work is great!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jeff ! I’ve always admired the One -Oh -Wonder.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Nice! looks great. I did this kit years ago also, as I remember the nose gear was rather fragile.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

This is a great model out of the old, classic Hasegawa kit, my friend Jay!
    A sweet nostalgic aura surrounds it. It was a very good idea to put it together.
    Thanks for sharing!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

What do you do - do you VooDoo?

I do not know why, but I always liked the shape of this big plane. Nice result from a very old kit Jay @ssgt!

• Profile Photo

Erik @airbum , I think the 101 & 105 are the prettiest of the Century Series of fighters.

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it. It’s a pretty good kit for bring so old.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros @fiveten,
    It seems like most of the models I build are older kits from the dawn of my modeling life. One day I need to try a new tool kit.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Nice work Jay ! @ssgt.
    Nice result with a very old kit - like Erik says!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Nice work, Jay. I like seeing these kits built. I built one of those in 1976 and used Humbrol Authentics Vietnam camo colors on it. All painted with a brush. That was the kit that made me a lifelong modeler.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John @j-healy. I think the one I built was in about 1978 or so. If I was a skilled brush painter , I would have use SEA paint scheme on this one.