48th Scale Monogram F-15

Started by Jack Mugan · 7 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 4 months ago:

I got a little carried away on this project by spending more on aftermarket resin and PE parts than I did on the kit. I scratched the compartment behind the cockpit, and later all that became available in resin of course. The nose gear is metal and I would never do that again as I have to periodically straighten it out as the weight of the model tends to bend it.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Sakal said 11 years, 2 months ago:

What after market landing gear set did you use? BTW Great looking model!

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Jack, nice job, why not post it over in the headlines with more pictures. It looks like you did a really nice job on this.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Mason said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Amazing detail. Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years ago:

I'm almost afraid to ask what the engine nozzles look like! It looks like you went totally nuts with this kit! I know there's a little "stuff" behind the seat OOB, what does it look like now that you're done with it? I agree with Walt, more pictures please!

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 10 years ago:

That's niiiiiiice, Jack...

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 10 years ago:

Yep...more pics are definitely needed here...(especially after telling us about all the after-market). What we can see looks outstanding.
    And I know whatcha mean about spendin' more for "extra goodies" than the kit cost. That's primarily why I don't generally do it unless it's an obvious feature that will stick out like a sore thumb when finished. 9 times outta 10, ya can't see where all that money went anyhow.