Heller 1/72 Caudron Renault 714

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 89 · 1 year ago · 1/72, 714, Caudron, Heller, Renault
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

The canopy and gunsight do look great, Spiros @fiveten
    Just a bit of paint for the antenna mast.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    Yep, some final touches...

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Hi Spiros @fiveten, looks ready for post and packing. Are you sure your friend never looks at iModeler to see what he might get for Christmas?

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @chinesegeorge! My friend is possibly unaware at the moment!

• Profile Photo

After some final stuff, the Caudron is

Done!

Thanks All followers, it has been a privilege!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Excellent result, Spiros @fiveten
    A not so often seen build but an exceptional looking aircraft.
    What a great way to start your day.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! It was a pleasure that you followed my build!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 6 months ago:

https://www.polot.net/pl/caudron_renault_cr_714_c1_cyclone_2021r

One survived Cyclone is in Krakow Aviation Museum.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

A true beauty, my friend @lis!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten The Cyclone was an eminently unsuccessful machine. In France, they were withdrawn and handed over (horror of horrors) to the Poles who, while flying them, despite the fact that the planes were not fit for combat, shot down 12 enemy machines and damaged two. Those that went to Finland were also not used in combat. that it was fun, even the French did not provide spare parts for the planes and operating and maintenance instructions, but only what they got was (horrifyingly) the manufacturer's brochure. the plane had a tragic climb speed, too little engine power, it was inflexible in the ailerons and the landing gear retracted frequently. Polish pilots did not have a choice, unfortunately, saying that they would take each machine, because they were already flying worse (P-11) and were successful.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Looks great, Spiros (@fiveten). This is one of the oddest planes I have ever seen. It looks like the sort of plane that an engineer would design after drinking 2 or 3 bottles of wine. As Bernard (@lis) shared, it was an eminently unsuccessful plane. How do planes like this make it through the testing phase and into production? It also shows that a determined pilot can be successful with just about any type of plane. Well done on the model.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @lis and @gblair! Indeed, the plane was a failure. The brave Polish pilots took the most out of it (and even some).

• Profile Photo

IT was a sport plane in project in late 30 top speed around 480kph was quite good. Plane was good to takie pary in air railly and as sport plane has fixed main gear. Designers after succesull air rides decided to build fighter plane for French Air Forces. Plane was chrap because ale was made from wood.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for this additional info, my friend @lis!