1/48 Tamiya Fw-190 A4 , JG 2 Nord Afrika

Started by Louis Gardner · 161 · 5 years ago · 1/48, FW-190, Kasserine Pass, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Louis, what a great journey you have taken us on. Like everyone, I have my favourite, in my case Yellow One, but that does not take anything away from the others. I say this as a committed 'Dora' lover who has never been a huge fan of the more pugnacious looking 'A' series - these are beauties.

The whole thread has been a joy to follow from the history lessons, modeling technique advice, humor, and good ole Louis hospitality. I salute you four times over, one for each of your lovely creations.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Louis, just outstanding and amazing work. It is a delight to the eyes to see them all together, and I cannot wait to see them in the headlines. You've kept us all enraptured.

It is terribly difficult to pick a favorite. I should pick the desert scheme, of course, in honor of the thread, but that last one with the harlequin cowl just grabs me. The grays are so skillfully done it appears to be a living thing. Just amazing stuff.

You're a prodigy, Louis, and I want to be like you when I grow up 🙂

• Profile Photo

As the saying goes, David - "don't grow up...it's a trap!"

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Louis, nice family photo from the Works. Great job as usual from the modeler that just can't do one at a time. I'll have to try doing several at once just for the experience. Nicely done buddy.

• Profile Photo

Just an observation, one that is only made possible with your trademark multiple builds, Louis. If you look at two of your photos...

What you can see here is an exact corollary of the modelers mindset. You take four identical lumps of grey plastic and add imagination, creativity and skill. What you get is four distinct and individually separate works that stand alone with their own provenance and history.

It's a kind of alchemy- turning plastic into gold.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 10 months ago:

David,
    Sorry for the late reply... I just noticed your response. Thanks for the kind words and it is rather neat how the two pictures are so similar. I guess that's why you're the doctor... 🙂

Plastic alchemy... I think you coined a new phrase. I like it !

Right now I'm in the process of writing the article to post in the headlines section. I'll start with "Yellow 1" first...

So please stay tuned.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Will do, Louis. Always keep an eye out for the Gardner Ironworks.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks David ...

I just added the article for "Yellow 1". The others will follow in a few days (hopefully).

Here's the link:

Kasserine Pass GB: 1/48 scale Tamiya FW-190A , Oblt. E. Rudorffer, CO 6 / JG2 Tunisia
  • Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I guess this is goodbye to this build, but I have to say that this is a great build, Louis and you should be very proud! Now, back to the reveal of Yellow 1.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks Jeff !

Sorry for the late reply, but I just noticed it...

I finally got around to posting an article on the Otto Kittle plane.

Here's a link to it in case anyone is interested.

1/48 Tamiya FW-190 A8, “Otto Kittel” 2. JG 54, Black 1, Werk Number 690 282
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I finally got around to posting the last article. This time it's Hans Hahn's plane... Here's a link to the article.

Tamiya 1/48 FW-190 A3, Werk Number 223, Hans “Assi” Hahn, Gruppenkommandeur III / JG 2
    Thanks again David ! @davidathomas