1/72 Italeri MC.202 Folgore and 1/72 Airfix Ju.87 B-2/R2 Stuka

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 55 · 6 years ago · Airfix, Folgore, Italeri, Ju87, MC202, Stuka
  • Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Thank you so much for your kind comments guys. I did some work on the interior of the Stuka this evening. Next to the grey there are some coloured items. Port and starboard dryfit which shows the interior coming along as planned.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Wow that's a lot of detail in a 1/72 kit ! Looking good my friend ...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, I enjoy building this Stuka very much.

Again some more progress on the Stuka. My Italian kits have not arrived yet so only this one for the moment in this GB.

I closed the fuselage which needed only a small touchup with putty. The wings consist of an upper and lower part and fit superb. For the lower part I drilled the holes for the bomb mounts under the wings and the location holes for the air/speed breaks. A nice touch is the glass floorpart which enabled the pilot to see from his position under the instrument panel. Airfix made a 2-piece tranparent part which fits perfect. Next up will be the nose with engine bay and radiators.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Wow this looks really good ! The details in the cockpit look like what you would find in a much larger scale plane. The seat belts in particular really pop ...

Looks like the fit is really good too. Airfix hit another home run for sure. It's ingenious how the outer lower wing panels go on...

Thanks for the updates my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Coming along nicely! Seeing all that detail in the cockpit, and remembering how sparse the detail was in the one I build, kinda makes me want to spring for an Airfix kit of this subject. However, I still have a Fujimi in my stash designated for a winter scheme, so...

• Profile Photo

Little updates on the Stuka. The entire engine compartiment has to be build from 8 parts. The exhausts are the backbone in this part, so to speak, which can be seen with the crossmembers to hold it all in place. The fit of the parts is just perfect and it pops on the aircraft as one piece. Next are the wingflaps which come as one single part per wing. Well detailed and fits whitout any problem. Still to add are the speedbrakes, and then starting the first layer of paint on the underside in RLM65.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Just amazing, fine work, Ferry! Good show!

• Profile Photo

Some progress on my Stuka with the landing gear in place. Again no fitting problems and it all works very well. The Stuka is on for the paintshop now where I will be using paint from the Lifecolor range for the first time. Tests with the RLM colors looks promising, so let's see.

Furthermore my Italeri Italian Aces set arrived, so finaly I can start working on my MC.202 also. The set is no longer in producuction with Italeri so I had to search around in the hobbyshops to get one. Some of pictures show the content of the box, and in comparison to the Stuka the MC202 is a very small and sleek aircraft. Details are nice, but also show some ejector pin marks on difficult areas. So keep you posted on this one also as I will dig up some history of the real MC202 as my subject along the build. As allways comments, ideas and questions are welcome.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Looking very clean, Ferry. I'm very excited!

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Ferry, I think you're pulling our collective legs - there is too much detail for 1/72nd scale. Tell us what scale it REALLY is! 1/24th, right?

Seriously, the details are excellent & you're building a mini-masterpiece.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 4 months ago:

The engineering on that Stuka kit looks very nice. And gotta love the .202/.205 - some of the sleekest looking warbirds from WW2! Looking forward to seeing those...

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I have to agree Greg - that new Airfix plastic looks sensational. It helps of course that it is being done justice - some really great fitting going on there Ferry, this is going to be great!

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 4 months ago:

The Stuka is coming along great! That Italeri MC.202 resembles the old Supermodel kit a little bit.

• Profile Photo

Man oh man ! The Stuka is fantastic my friend. I'm really looking forward to watching the 202 come to life as the Ju-87 has...

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 4 months ago:

The Stuka looks great Ferry, glad to hear there were no fit or alignment issues. Look forward to seeing your progress on the MC 202 as well. As stated above the cockpit detail for 1/72 is outstanding for the Stuka.