Accurate Miniatures F-6A Mustang Tac-Recce 1/48

Started by Tom Bebout · 36 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Fantastic work on that cockpit. Wonderful details and love the camera.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Ferry, I enjoy doing cockpits for some reason or another. I brush paint them as well.

• Profile Photo

Houston we have paint. Good old Tamiya rattle cans for the paint and a Pit Pen to highlight the panel lines. Now when that Future dries should be able to get some stickers on her.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Wow Tom ! Moving right along ... looks great too. I'm looking forward to seeing your plane again soon with its stickers on ...

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Cockpit is really impressive Tom, but the seat and belts stand out for me - really crisp contrast - some of the best I've seen!

• Profile Photo

We have stickers. Used the kit's decals plus some Fundakels for the yellow MTO stripes. I'll check my spares to see if I can find some appropriate stencils as well. Next up some Future to seal them, a dull over coat, then attach the final pieces and she'll be done.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 5 months ago:

You're going to have to school me in stencils...

As usual, you're kicking my fanny when it comes to progress. Your work really looks fabulous!

• Profile Photo

Since I took some stay cation days this week I'm able to achieve some modeling, hence the progress. More fun than grading papers written by kids with a head full of mush. And the stencils I'm referring to are those little decals that say things like, No Step, 100 octane gas, Lift Here, etc. etc. etc. I couldn't find any that would work so no stencils on this one.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

The decals really turned out great ! It should not be too long now ... Stay cations are good ... as long as there's no honey do lists involved. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Speaking of heads full of mush...I have some war stories for you. But I've more than enough bright pennies to counter-balance them, so no complaints. This is crunch time, though. Paper, papers.

Anyway, I love Old Glory on the tail, and I'm especially interested that you are doing the cockpit completely apart rather than spring her with the fuselage. Very excited for the final reveal!

• Profile Photo

Crash building this morning, only thing left to do are to paint the Nav lights and then stringing some antenna wire. The canopy was a challenge and the clear plastic is rather thick but it's done. Did the inner landing gear doors in the up position as it's stated that in Allison Mustangs the doors came up when the engine was shut down. And thank you David Thomas for the correct prop, looks much better than the one provided in the box.

I plan on doing more pics on the reveal date. Now where did I put that Spit? Oh,and David you may want to start looking for some coupons for that sauce you'll be buying for your hat. Just sayin

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Looks great Tom !

So was it decided on ? Spicy German or what kind of sauce ? 🙂

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I’m still deciding on the sauce. But I’ve updated which hat I’m going to eat.

Maybe my sauce will be Pepto Bismol...

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 4 months ago:

What slays me is that Tom does this masterpiece sort of ho-hum with one arm behind his back, while doing other things, and for me it would be climbing friggin’ Mt. Everest.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Hey, Tom! Help an old man out. What is a pit pen? It sounds all Hairy Potterish, and stuff.