Airfix Austin K2 "Katy" Ambulance 1/72

Started by neil foster · 40 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years ago:

Neil, I've been looking for that Airfix Arab set for eons. Long out of production, one expects? That and the Zoo animals, pieces of my old set turn up in strange places to this day. Who knew?

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years ago:

Thanks David it's been an interesting project ,it's fair to say the K2 is low on glamour but I'll bet many young men on both sides would have been very glad to see one plenty of times !,as for the hillbilly thing to be honest I wouldn't know a Hillbilly if I fell over one , we joke about Farmers and there relationship with there sheep here in the U.K. so I guess that's what I was aiming at but it was only a joke, my sense of humour is a bit random at times...
    Cheers Neil.

• Profile Photo

Bernard ,the Airfix Arab set seems to come up regularly on U.K. ebay but not cheap ,I only wanted a single Camel and rider ,I didn't really want the Bedouin on foot but had to settle for it as I bought a few loose figures not a full set.
    Cheers Neil

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years ago:

Jus' ribbin' ya, mate...take care now.

Dave

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years ago:

I suspect every nationality has there version of this; in Scotland we joke about the relationship people from Aberdeen have with their bovine friends. Glad to meet another camel fancier, Neil (strictly plutonic).

• Profile Photo

Cheers Dave.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

If you check out Young Min, Jang's latest diorama you'll see another camel lurking in the back section - it's the best of times to be a 'hillbilly' here on iM!

Neil, I really like what you have done here very much, depicting an unsung 'hero' in barren conditions. Congratulations on a great contribution!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years ago:

Very nice result! Looks great!

• Profile Photo

Cheers Paul ,I'll check it out.
    N.

• Profile Photo

Most kind Greg,it was a fun little project.
    N.