German Sd.Kfz.250/3 Greif

Started by Julian Shawyer · 6 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Shawyer said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Rommel's half-track Greif will be my entry in the Build Group. I intend to make the Tamiya 1/48th scale version. I'm not sure if the subject is covered by the dates of the Tunisia Campaign. If it does fall out of the time span, I will be more than happy to change my subject.
    I was considering the Tamiya 1/35th Valentine Mk. II/IV as my reserve subject.

David, If either of these choices miss the mark, let me know, and I'll put my thinking cap on and get back to you.

Good luck to everyone.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

That half-track is perfect. Matter of fact, I was hoping for one! Thanks, Julian!

• Profile Photo

Thank you David. I'll do a bit of research before the start date.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Julian, this is great - I'm so glad someone decided to do one of these! (I think I'm getting a bit over-excited about this group build!).

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I’m telling you, Paul, when I pondered starting it (I’m pretty new here, after all), the more I thought of it the more I realized the Tunisia Campaign is a thematic paradise for modelers. Almost anything you like is here, lots of exotic stuff too, and the tropical color schemes that can be fun and challenging.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Paul. It looks like it's going to be a great group.