So, seeing all of the fantastic activity in the group, and knowing that the estimable Louis Gardner will have presented at least 4 brilliant bits of armour before I have even dusted off my airbrush, I thought I’d post my very modest start!
Here are some shots of the kit – Tamiya’s 100th. The box has a cardboard sleeve. Upon opening it there is an envelope of metal parts including wing strut, landing gear supports, side panels and armour plates. There are 8 sprues (2 full-sized and 6 half-sized). These include a miniature Rommel or two – and I may have to grasp the nettle and make a figure given the relevance to the group build. There are masks included in the kit for the acres of glass, and I picked up a quick-boost set for the radio apparatus.
The first sub-build I have started is the engine (the Argus As10 air-cooled inverted V8 engine, 180 kW (240 hp)) – much smaller than others I have built in heavier, faster planes. When built it will probably be significantly less than 1.5cm in length! Anyway the parts have been dry fitted and are sitting in a plastic cup waiting for painting and construction!
6 attached images. Click to enlarge.