B-24 Liberator (one or maybe even two?) - new project.

Started by capt. R · 161 · 2 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 11 months ago:

If you're doing an assembly ship, it's unlikely the guns were still in use. Tubarao is pretty well-known, so google "photos of B-24J Tubarao" and see what is what.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 11 months ago:

@tcinla I'm going to build a Liberator B.VI Long Range version, without machine guns in the front turret and on side positions. It will be 31 squadron SAAF.

Work is slowly going on. I build cockpit, and painted interior. I'm thinking about nasal trimmer. Hasegawa suggest 90g. I bought tire balance weights of 5, 10 and 25 grams and I'll be stuffing them into the nose of the plane.

PS. The cockpit is quite modest. Again, I decided to build in the OOB system, with minimal aftermarket accessories at most. Also because the model cost me (despite the fact that it was in a good price for the secondary market) - 61.5 dollars.Therefore, I did not want to specially increase the budget of this project also because the model seems quite successful, even the tires have a marked deflection from weight. And when it comes out - we'll see 🙂

This time I used photos of the cockpit, rejecting the manufacturer's suggestions to paint the instrument panel with the central panel black. Finnaly I used new shade of interior green from Mr Color - C351.

I am a bit stressed about the construction of the nasal part, because of the rather complicated construction system, consisting of several parts. Hope it turns out well.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Excellent job, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

The cockpit looks already amazing, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Finally I don't like my work and I repainted instrument panel with black clocks with white scale and Glass from clear.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great improvement, Lis @lis
    Don't be too hard to yourself.

• Profile Photo

Looks even better, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Yeah, Lis @lis. Don’t be so hard on yourself. That latest instrument panel looks just fine. Certainly better than before, although I thought that one also looked pretty good too. What’s next?

• Profile Photo

Model was painted interior green color. Nose is build into a there pieces and need to add weight 90g.

• Profile Photo

Interior color looks great, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Main two pieces of plane nose are glued together. I added some weight but under nose turret You can put only max 10g weight. Rest of them You have to stick in radio-operator room and under cockpit.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Pilots took their seat nicely, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

I think this build go so slow... Bomb bay looks quite good. Separete Walls was as four pieces was glued to fuselage halfes. Fuselage was a challenge. A lot of parts in fuselage make strains on fuselage halfes. I need to use some CA Glue, but I think all come together fine. Next step will be fit fuselage and nose into a one piece. I hope this work will go in good way.

• Profile Photo

Looking good, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb Thank You!