Dolittle Ride B-25

Started by capt. R · 214 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

The crewman looks very detailed, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Nicely detailed indeed, Bernard @lis
    Looking forward to the painting.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Carrier deck crewman is complete.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking perfect, Bernard @lis
    Great painting.

• Profile Photo

@johnb His face is such that you could scare him in a side street in Honolulu at night 😀

• Profile Photo

Yes, he looks scary, but is perfectly painted, my friend @lis 👍

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten

@stephen-w-towle

@gblair

@fxrob

@airbum

@tcinla

Finally, the display case arrived today and the diorama was finally finished. Unfortunately, the time of day and the light are not conducive to taking pictures. I hope that at least some sun will come out and I will finally be able to put an article in headnews. There was a problem with matching the deck to the base, the base, despite giving specific dimensions, was one and a half boards too small and I had to piece pieces of the deck on the very edge at the back.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking superb even at these pics, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Thanks my friend!

• Profile Photo

In the nothern part of Europe it is not easy to find suitable light conditions for taking pictures in winter time, Bernard @lis
    Nevertheless I do find that the Mitchell looks great on the posted pictures.
    Looking forward to the headline article.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Everything came out perfectly, Bernard (@lis). Your board problem illustrates my modelbuilding mantra: measure twice, cut once, curse, start over. :o)

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Well the figures all have faces that look like Howdy Doody (a puppet) or Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre-Dame) . But, fear not the scale lends itself to the casual observer to be more focused on looking at the aircraft on the deck with the crew and you don't have show all of the figures in photo. You could use a light wash of water color over the faces. Try a brown followed by black for the eyes, mouth and nose. Or better yet pastels that can easily be wiped off if things go south. Pastels Pencils or even colored pencils. The figures can then be positioned to help tell a story in each shot. Showing the crews doing maintenance, planning the mission, followed by the launch from the Carrier. I've seen some modelers buy railroad model chains for tie downs. The real star of course is the Airfix kit and the base which look out standing.

• Profile Photo

@gblair here, unfortunately, a mistake was made by the company that made the showcase for me, because I gave the dimensions of 34x34 cm. For the future, it's probably easier to cut the cardboard at the preparation stage than to fit it to the finished diorama later. I hope it won't be noticeable though.

@stephen-w-towle I did the treatments listed by you, I used Tamiya flesh-colored pomade from the Weathering Master Set, and a bit of wash, but these sets are probably less successful when casting resin molds. Anyway, this in normal light (not so strong as for taking pictures, you can't see that much.)

@johnb Thank You! now the clouds have parted a bit and i'll try to take some pictures.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten

@stephen-w-towle

@gblair

@fxrob

@airbum

@tcinla

I made short slideshow. Enjoy it 🙂

• Profile Photo

Very nicely done, Bernard @lis