HP Halifax MK. II - Revell.

Started by capt. R · 125 · 1 year ago · 1/72, 138 squadron, Aviation, Halifax
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years ago:

Nice work, Lis! I like the Halifax a lot.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

After upseting two day masking of gunners turrets, work is done. Turrets is primed and painted in Night Black. I'm thinking about a little correction of seal in his part of fuselage with Bomber Window.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Really nice jobs there, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@j-healy I'm glad that you like my model 🙂 Yes, it's great plane! Not well known as Lancaster, but good too.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten work with turrets going on. Interior details.

• Profile Photo

Nice details, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Great work, Lis @lis
    Masking can be time consuming but it will have a positive effect on the results later on.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb After long work turrets are ready. I don't take of masks, because of possibly painting of rest of fuselage. I must checked How I will do next step. I prefer not to mount turrets during painting because of safety gun barrels.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

The turrets look great, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

@johnb I'm really curious how looks your turrets. I think it's the same type as mine. Will you mount them before painting or after painting to fuselage?

• Profile Photo

@lis, actually, I didn't think about that yet, but now you have asked, it made me start to think on what is the best approach. Will come back to you later on that one.

• Profile Photo

OOB didn't work good for me because of some parts was not good enaught, and I bought resin air intakes (on each engine both left and right side). Also I didn't very big seam on air outlet under engine. During watching YT vid about Halifax I fund nice tops for masking it by aluminium foil. I nade it. First one second line on right was hard, but next went easier.. I hope You like it (me not in all 🙂 ).

• Profile Photo

Looks very nice, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I did not come up with the fact that version B.III (apart from its availability on the market) has Bristol Pegasus engines, which are simpler and better to build than the Merlins XX from the mk. II version with this shortcomings with big seam on upper surfaces.