Question for UK builders about Halifax ferret birds.

Started by David Kight · 3 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    David Kight said 1 year, 8 months ago:

About 5 years ago, I snagged DML's 1990 something DO335-B6 Arrow kit. Even though it's doubtful this version of Dornier's Arrow got off the drawing board, the box top artwork is compelling, I've bought many kits based only on a cool painting. Shortly after I got the DML kit, Revell of Germany turned out a new Halifax B Mk III, a perfect opportunity to pose representations of planes on the box top together.

The problem is that the only reference to the ferret Halifax is the 3rd picture. I'm not sure, but it may be from an old decal set or a book. My question is, does anyone have info on the nose art on Z5N's nose?

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Hi David:
    I just finished a model of a B-17 ferret used in the Mediterranean during the middle war years. There is generally not much info available about the ferrets, probably because of the extremely classified nature of their mission, and the pictures are few and far between. In my research, I came across a couple of pictures of Halifax ferrets, but I didn't save them. I don't remember seeing any photos with nose art. Good luck in your search.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Mabye it will be useful.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.