1/72 Frog DH110 Sea Vixen FAW2

• 6 posts
  • Last reply 1 week, 4 days ago
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts
  • George Schembri said 2 weeks ago:

Here’s my entry into the group – gonna give this old Frog kit #F409 a go.
    I guess this squeaks in as a DH build as all design and initial production and initial operations occurring all under the DH name before the HS merger.
    It’s gonna be fun dealing with this old kit as I’ve been wanting to put it together for a LONG time now and was just waiting for an excuse to start the build, so thank Erik @airbum for starting up the group.
    There have been some great looking kits built already, hoping to add to the spectrum of entries.

I’ll need to decide what to do with that cockpit – the 2nd officer doesn’t even get a place to sit.
    Comparing the assembly check with an old F-4 build made me realize just how big the Sea Vixen is.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Allan J Withers said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Nice one George, they are big, I have the Extra kit release to do, here’s a pic’ of its cockpit, hope this helps !!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Erik Gjørup said 1 week, 6 days ago:

George, welcome aboard. For a moment there I thought it was a quick-build kit you got on your hands, but tape revealed the secret. I have developed a soft spot for these big kites too over the times, and will be strapped in to follow your build. Thanks for sharing the build @georgeswork

• Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Hi George!
    What a great entry!
    I love the Sea Vixen, I find it to be a very imposing plane: big, bold and beautiful!
    I also have a (very) soft spot on “older-classic” kits.
    So, I am eagerly waiting to see this beauty coming along!

• George Schembri said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Thanks Allan @kalamazoo – pictures do help. The pilots section should be okay but my 2nd officer area will be pretty much all covered up with no top windscreen.
    Thanks Erik @airbum – I couldn’t resist taping things together and checking out the size and shape, very distinct look.
    Thanks Spiros @fiveten – I’ve got so many older kits from my original stash, not always accurate and not always a smooth build but always fun to build and it’s always a good excuse if things do not turn out the way you’d expect.
    Gonna wait to decide which paint scheme to go for, regular Royal Navy or Target Tug (that would be a challenge).

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Tom Cleaver said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Gad, it’s been 45+ years since i did one of these and I can still remember what a monster it was. Nothing fit, putty on all joints….

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts