1st DH100GB giveaway kit - and the winner is. . . .

Started by Erik Gjørup · 22 · 3 years ago · 1/32, dehavilland, DH, DH100GB, dh100gb giveaway, dh82, tiger moth
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

On the condition that it will be given a full "in-progress" treatment in this group within a year, I hereby announce the grand "DH100GB" giveaway plane.

The giveaway kit in question is an old Matchbox 1/32 DH-82A/C TIGER MOTH. It has all the hallmarks of these kits from 1978.

The winner of the kit will have to build either this one, or the Revell re-issue from 1997 or the reboxed version from 2007. That is to deter kitcollectors from entering the competition. I have never seen the Revell re-boxed versions, but they will be from the same molds.

How is this gonna work? - well, to make it just a little bit fair, all you have to do is to make a reply to this topic, stating your iModeller identity, and each one will be written on a piece of paper, curled up and all be put in a suitable container, and then one will be pulled out, and that will be the winner. Only members of this GB can enter, and the only member not allowed to enter will be me. The entries will have to be posted as a reply to this topic before 17 october 2020.

Any questions? - well, hopefully it is clear, but if not just send me a post and I shall do my best to give a proper explanation.

I may have to add that this is a kit that I own, has owned for a considerable time, and that is the prize, and cannot be exchanged for anything else in the universe (That should just about cover it?)

It is not a promotion for anyone or anything other that this GB.

Now, what is in the box;

That is it - what you see here and nothing else.

In order to be just a little fair, I shall of course pay the postage to anywhere it is possible to send something these days, as long as it is within reason (more or less planet earth I should think)

Thats it - send me a reply, and i will print your name on a piece of paper. The winner will be contacted by private message to get a shipping adress - do NOT write your adress here please

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

What a nice idea!
    Count me in, please!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

This is a great idea ! There was a random monthly model give away on here until recently. They also had the "Top 10" picks from builds that were posted in the headline section.

Please count me in too ! 🙂

• Profile Photo

And as of now the odds are 50% to win! - anyone else wants to join?

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Erik, @airbum

If it is only going to be the two of us, please send it to our friend Spiros. @fiveten

Shipping would cost way too much to send it to me here in the USA. I will formally withdraw from the drawing (like that one ? Withdraw / drawing ?) 🙂 🙂

If by chance there are others who have entered, I would like to remain, but only if these other persons live somewhere in North America. Thanks ! I'm trying to be courteous and respectful of your wallet with the shipping costs. Besides, Spiros is a good guy and you know he will build it right away...

• Profile Photo

Louis my friend, there is plenty time for others to join in - I have set the closing date at OCT 17th, so rest assured that your chances in the final will be smaller than 50%. The cost of shipping will not be an issue, as it is very expensive to ship even inside Denmark from here! The postage to Greece is more or less the same as to the US! The only way you can withdraw from the draw (!) is if the piece of paper with your name will spontaneously self-combust. . .

• Profile Photo
    Klavs Nielsen said 3 years, 7 months ago:

What a great idea Erik!
    Put my name in the basket, please...

• Profile Photo

Klavs (@klavs1972), done!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 6 months ago:

This is a great idea, Erik (@airbum). The old Matchbox "large" kits can be built into some nice models with a little work (or a lot of work sometimes). I am hesitantly dropping my hat in the ring (hesitantly because it has too many wings).

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 6 months ago:

You're in George. It builds like anything - one wing at a time 🙂

• Profile Photo

5 days to go for those who haven't entered yet

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 6 months ago:

I just wanted to cheer you on for this very cool idea, but I'm NOT wanting to enter - not my scale! (besides - there's rigging involved...!)

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Add me to the list, Eric! I do love me some old Matchbox kits, think this would be a cool build.

Great idea for the giveaway, and thanks for doing it!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 6 months ago:

I may as well decrease the odds by joining in the fun also, thanks Erik !

• Profile Photo

Greg - thanks for the support.
    @jetmex and @kalamazoo, you're in!