Spent last two days trying to design the electronics for the boat and mechanics for the pulley system. There is surprisingly a lot to consider.
1. No loose moving wire harness to be used. Fatigue causes to many breakdowns.
2. Boat electronics, while traversing, needs to depend on own power source.
3. Need to design 9V battery charger. Battery to be mounted on boat vane.
4. Mechanisms to enable/disable circuits while boat traverses to, and at, docking points.
5. Boat nav lights to transpose location, on boat, to signify up and/or down stream travel.
6. Nav lights to be enabled only while bridge span is ‘unlocked’.
7. 9V battery gets recharged every time it docks in the upstream location (far end).
8. Pulley system needs to incorporate safety shutdown before motor gets overloaded due to any mechanical malfunction.
9. Diesel motor sound, and possibly a foghorn, to be heard whenever the boat motor is on.
Ah, the weekend is here. I think I’ll take a break and leave this for two days; and do something different – like my ‘iModeler at the Movies’ build log.