The Fortress of Solitude

• 5 posts
  • Last reply 1 year, 2 months ago
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts
  • david leigh-smith said 1 year, 4 months ago:

I really like this group, and as a psychologist it is always interesting to see where my iModeler friends go to sniff glue (thanks, Bo), drink, and inhale mind altering and toxic gases.
    Anyway, here is my bolt-hole. Used whenever life is just too…lifelike.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Craig Abrahamson said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Is that an Ovation guitar hangin’ there…? And you must have one heck of a big chessboard somewhere, too. Nice digs.

• david leigh-smith said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Thanks, Craig.

Yes, an it’s an ovation I’ve had for years and between the guitars and 1/32 models, it’s a bit of a mystery as to how I’m still married. But this little room keeps me sane and happy, and it’s not all due to the fumes.

Long days and pleasant nights to ya.

• Greg Kittinger said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Well, the “psychologist” part explains the minor OCD-ness displayed by your incredibly neat space! And I have to say, anyone working in social sciences needs an amp to crank up very loud once in a while!! (I’m hoping you’ve got a Les Paul or a Strat to push through the Marshall – an Ovation won’t do it justice!)

• david leigh-smith said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Hey Greg, great to hear from you. The OCD-ness can sometimes be anything but minor, especially when I have a new project on. The music? Well, I have several guitars, including, yes – a Les Paul (studio) and an Explorer. But alas, no Strat.
    This was the desk today, and you are right – it’s WAY too neat. I’ll remedy this situation tomorrow – the wife is on a field trip to Loch Ness for eight days (something to do with reintroducing bears, or wolves, or monsters back into Scotland) and I’ll be in plastic heaven.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts