Where the magic happens…….

• 12 posts
  • Last reply 1 year, 3 months ago
Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 posts
  • Rick Wilkes said 4 years, 5 months ago:

My workshop, as with a sausage factory, is best left unseen. In my defense, I am in the middle of reorganizing around a new spray booth and, at my doctor’s recommendation that I sit more upright, a folding easel on a roll-away table. As with my other projects, this has largely been on hold for 6 weeks due to my back problems.

However, I must admit, it looks almost this disorganized any time I really get going on a build.
    The only time it’s ever “Bristol Fashion” is when I’m not working on anything.

This is my stash, also located in the workshop.

It is suffering from the reorganization as well. I had to remove a shelf to have space to store the roll-away table and easel, and those kits got put anywhere they would fit.

The “shelf of doom” is the middle shelf on the left where you see the Helldiver & the A-26 Invaders. The Javelin & some other kits are only visiting until I get it all sorted..

Hope you enjoyed the tour…:-)
    Rick

• Simon Whitney said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Abracabra dear Rick, that is a nice pad.
    You are lucky in that respect in that you have got the spare room.
    But the Dr is right, we must take more care when sitting and working at our benches
    As for organization, what is that, common sense.
    Hope that your back is fixed soon mate.

• Rick Wilkes said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Simone, yes I am lucky to have whole room to play in. And a Seamus said, no matter how much room I have, I always end up working in an ever decreasing space amid the clutter of discarded tools and and bottles of paint..lol

• Gregor d said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Cool space & stash Rick. Although i’ve got a seat in my workshop I usually stand at the bench to do all my modelling.

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Rick:

Can I use your sausage factory comment? Priceless!

I used to say the same thing about the kitchens of chinese restaurants, after adjusting a couple of claims for kitchen fires. The less one knows, the better. Kills the enthuisasm.

Great stuff!

Regards,

Bernie

• Juan Benitez said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Sigh……..I can only hope mine looks half as big as yours….once we sell our house and get a Bigger house for me to play in………

• Gregor d said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Organised chaos! Just like the rest of us 🙂 Even though I don’t see a window your work space it is far better lit than mine. You have some really nice kits in the stash too!

• Jeff Bailey said 1 year, 7 months ago:

VERY nice! Looks almost like a Hobby Store with all those kits you have!

• david leigh-smith said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Wow. Now That’s a STASH. A real thing for M51’s and P47’s!

Thanks for sharing – what a great space.

• Craig Abrahamson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

…..and tile on the floor – no carpet monster with which to deal. Nice.

• Rick Wilkes said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Well truth be known, the sausage factory was relocated on orders from upper management about a 14-16 months ago. At the time I was looking at knee replacement surgery and the boss said she was going down to the basement every time I needed a bottle of paint. Long story short had to dismantle everything and move it upstairs. Strangely enough even though it’s a slightly bigger room I still haven’t got it put back together the way I would like. Getting some stuff done but it’s more in spite of my set-up than because of it. Once it get it in some sort of order I’ll post new pictures.
    And I never did get the knee replaced, not yet anyway.

• Greg Kittinger said 1 year, 3 months ago:

All that space…I’m still in a corner of our bedroom! Luckily my wife is a crafter, and tolerates my mess as long as I don’t let it get too out-of-hand!

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 posts