Cheap Spraybooth Filter material??

Started by Colin Gomez · 2 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I could find filter material equivalent to the Stage 1 filter for a spray booth? I bought a bunch of VERY expensive sheets cut to size for my Testors Spray Booth from Micromark but I can't help thinking there must be a cheaper source for this stuff - it seems pretty basic. I enclose a photo. It is thin and likely sold in sheets or on rolls somewhere. I am not sure what other uses there are for it outside of modeling but maybe in air filters or something. Thanks in advance.

Colin

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi, Colin (@coling). I have a portable spray booth that I got from Micromark several years ago. When it was time to replace the filters that came with the booth, I got a set of five from Micromark. As you already know, they were pretty expensive. Since then, I have tried two different methods to replace the filters. First, you can get filter material for air conditioners at home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes, or the equivalent where you live. You will need to cut them to size. Most of them are more porous than the paint filters, but if you look around you can find something close. The last replacement I got was from Amazon where I found a roll of filter material that will last for a long time. It is similar to the paint filters and the price was very low. You have to cut it to size, but it seems to work well. Good luck.