Ebay?

Started by · 4 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Over the last week I have seen some very cheap models from sellers in China on Ebay. 1/32 HobbyBoss P-61 for $30.00 (Australian dollars), the new Tamiya 1/48 P-38, also the new 1/32 B-24 and 1/32 ICM Gladiator for the same price. I've sent my money and taken my chances. Has anyone else actually bought one of these "bargains". Probably too good to be true, but I thought it was worth taking the chance.

John

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 3 months ago:

There’s a lot of posts over at hyperscale forums about those sellers, all scams it seems I’m afraid

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 3 months ago:

I have purchased a couple of kits on Ebay that were fine, but I haven't got anything recently. When I was flying for the Air Force, I used to go to hobby shops in Japan and Korea and get the new kits at local prices, often only a quarter of what they would cost in the US. But as far as these Ebay kits go, the old adage says "if it is too good to be true, it probably is." Be sure to let us know how it comes out. Maybe you found an untapped resource.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 3 months ago:

I have purchased one that was a scam - after about 4 months and no-show, ebay refunded me. Learned my lesson...