From Ukraine with love...

Started by Gavin Snowdon · 6 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Gavin Snowdon said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I have been following the war in Ukraine since it kicked off in Feb. On another site they have a blog posting images of vehicles in the field for this theatre of war. Anyway, steering away from the politics and focusing on the images and vehicles, I became inspired and decided to invest in few bits and bobs to create a vignette depicting a Ukrainian deployment of "welcome hosts" to the Russian "visitors".

This is what I received in the post. To be honest, I was giddy with excitement on opening the package from Ukraine and I was not disappointed.

I thought the little comic and sweets were a great touch.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

You beat me, Gavin (@snowman). I just got a kit on Ebay from the PM Store in Ukraine and got the same cartoon. I was thinking about posting it, but you beat me to it. It is very cool that in the midst of a nasty war that people can still be fun and creative. I am amazed that the Ukrainians are still producing great models, as well as being able to send them out to modelers.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 8 months ago:

It will be interesting to see what you make from this, Gavin @snowman.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I can imagine your reaction when opening this package, Gavin @snowman
    What a nice way to receive this package.
    They are making the best out of it and try to think positive despite the suffering eachday.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Great one @snowman, my next armor project also frames in Ukraine! I already completed a Ukrainian KFOR BRDM 2 earlier in the year as a side track!

Ukrainian BRDM-2UM KFOR, Pristina, Kosovo (Trumpeter 1:35)
    I plan to build a HIMARS Ukrainian style! I follow this conflict on a daily basis mainly on Twitter. If you like podcasts and discussions, I can recommend the volunteer Mriya report Twitterspace. Some refs: Take care!
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Great one, my friend @snowman!
    Looking forward to it!