Group Build Idea - 'Serving Under Another Flag'.

Started by Michael Paquette · 12 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Paquette said 2 years, 5 months ago:

It's been a while since I've seen this done in other sites. Machines made in one nation that has had examples server in another. American Spitfires, British M4s, Chinese P-40s, North Vietnamese Migs, Israeli Mirages and so one.

Any interest in such a group?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Sounds a like great group idea, my friend @smrjpaqu899!
    Should you decide to run it, I will for sure place my entry!

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Seems like an interesting idea. I even have a kit that might be appropriate.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Great idea, Michael @smrjpaqu899
    Let's make some extra space on the workbench.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 5 months ago:

I agree with all the previous comments, Michael (@smrjpaqu899). I am always on the lookout for markings and paint schemes that are out of the ordinary, and this group would be perfect for that. We are waiting to move into our new house (which is months behind schedule thanks to covid and supply problems), but I would be glad to be a part of the group if timing works out.

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years, 5 months ago:

This is a great idea Michael (@smrjpaqu899)!

• Profile Photo

Looks like we have some interest. I have always wanted to do an PBY or PB-24 in Fleet Air Arm colors myself. Is there am understanding or rule that we need so many declared interests first before starting a group?

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Hi Michael. As far as I know anyone can start a group and then others can join if they want. So entirely up to you. One small request from me; do consider appointing one or more co-administrators, and perhaps a few of your iModeler friends as moderators. I have done that with the groups I created, and it is a real joy to have someone helping out and managing a group.

Have fun with your new group if / when you decide to get it started - happy modeling!

• Profile Photo

OK, looking for volunteers for co-moderating on this. Just let me know if you're interested.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 5 months ago:

@smrjpaqu899 - you don't need any indication of interest. Just put up the group and invite everyone you know.

BTW - this is a good idea and I will have no trouble contributing.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 5 months ago:

I have a Spitfire in the US Air Force livery in stock.

• Profile Photo

The new Group has been created and is able to take new topics