GWH's customer service

Started by Wes Pennest · 6 · 2 years ago · GWH
  • Profile Photo
    Wes Pennest said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Does anyone have any experience with Great Wall Hobby's customer service? I misplaced the clear sprue for their MiG-29C, and I know that the bulletproof, surefire way of finding my missing sprue is to put in an order for a replacement. I'm expecting it to materialize the moment I pay extra for shipping.

But do they even offer that service, or do I have to cross my fingers and hope to find an extra clear sprue somewhere else on the internet?

• Profile Photo

Oh no.

So after a quick search for "great wall hobby" and "replacement" I was presented with a boundless pile of woe from various people from all over the world griping about their non-existant customer service. One person pointed out that after 25 emails to both GWH and LionRoar, they finally got a response, and it was a demand for payment to ship the replacement part.

I think I'm up a creek without a paddle, and I truly do not want to spend another unseemly amount of cash on one kit just for one clear sprue.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi Wes @avispa93, I've lived in China for the last ten years and in my experience the term "customer service" doesn't translate into Mandarin. Having said that I'll see what I can find out for you, but I can't promise any good news.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi again Wes @avispa93, I've tried emailing them and, surprise surprise, have had no reply either. However, I have a contact in Shanghai and have asked him to call them, I'll let you know if he has any luck.

• Profile Photo

Hey @chinesegeorge , I just bit the bullet and nabbed another C kit. I'll rob it for the clear parts, then take the full engines and display them on the dollies. Plus I can always use more air-to-air missiles. I'll just make the most of a bad situation.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Wes, @avispa93, I think you did the best thing, they, so far at least, haven't replied to my e-mail and my friend in Shanghai telephoned them several times but they didn't answer his calls either. So much for customer service...