Internet shopping

Started by Iuri Lasagni · 2 · 7 years ago · general modeling, online shops
  • Profile Photo
    Iuri Lasagni said 7 years, 11 months ago:

This is my first post... I guess we all, if not all a lot of us, buy "stuff" (kits, tools, books and everything realted to our hobby) online. I was thinking it could be good to speak about our experiences with different eshops. This idea came to my mind as I'm currently having 2 bad experiences: one with modelhobbies.co.uk and the other with modelwereld.eu (a Dutch site).

I placed an order with Modelhobbies one month and a week ago, nothing arrived yet. From 2 weeks I'm writing them, sending even messages using the form that's possilb eto find in the site. They never replied to me!

The site Modelwereld.eu is a bit different: when you place the order they are not giving to you the delivery expenses amount. It lloks like the delivery is 0 but it is not. I discovered it when I sent them an e-mail asking if everyting is ok. AFter a couple of day someone replied writing that i was not paying the postage. I was the one who had to contact them! However I payed the postage, they money where sent back. They gave me another bank accont details, I payed again and nothing arrived yet. They are also not replying.

Does any of you know these sites?

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 years, 11 months ago:

Hi Iura, sorry to hear about your experiences. I live in China and have to buy virtually everything via the internet, my biggest problem is people advertising things they don't have! Our very own Bernd Muller has an on-line shop which has received good reviews for the quality of service, follow this link for more information: http://imodeler.com/groups/the-trading-post/forum/topic/new-modelling-shop-with-worldwide-shipping/?topic_page=3&num=15

Hope this helps, George