Not going to make the deadline!

Started by Rob Anderson · 8 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 7 years, 10 months ago:

I will need to withdraw from the group build, I will never be done by the deadline 🙁 Life got in the way of finishing a current build (good things Grand daughter and Daughter visited!) And then I am finally going to fulfill a promise I made to my wife to build her late brothers M109 self propelled gun, that he crewed in Vietnam. I made her that promise years ago, finally have the Italeri M109, some tracks and figures. I will make a display with the gun, his medals and some photos of him in-country. I will build my Sundowner though, just not before the August deadline!

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Wow, a commission from your wife!

I had one recently from my oldest daughter for a wooden ship and had to stop everything else for four months, but it's always good to involve your family whenever possible, as modelling can be too solitary at times.

Good luck with the M109 project.

• Profile Photo

Thanks man, he was a good guy we miss him a lot. Like many 'Nam vets, complications from Agent Orange poisoning and a hard lifestyle took him from us way too soon.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 7 years, 10 months ago:

A fine tribute sir.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Sounds like a worth while diversion! And - modeling is modeling! We'll look forward to your M109 AND the Sundowner - whenever she's done!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Rob, thanks for sharing this with us, sorry to hear about your familys loss.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, America did our Vietnam Vets wrong, and it took its' toll on them.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Best wishes to you and your family Rob