BoB old pair.

Started by Simon Whitney · 87 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Well we, that is my wife and I have joined in on this jolly jape.
    After a visit to the local hobby shop and finding out but the kit we were after has been sold out and no more available, we stumbled on these two.
    The good lady Biggles or Rose, will be building the Spitfire.
    Myself, I am taking on the Gladiator, which the decals gives me the chance to start a project of mine.
    Tangmere is only a few miles away from here, and I decided that how about building a version of most of the planes that flew out of Tangmere and also Thorney Island which was mostly coastal command.
    Anyway, we will hope to get on with these two soon.

Simon and Rose.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Well done, you two, it will be good to watch your progress with these.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Your Ladyship Biggles welcome to our humble soirée. Your footman Simon is welcome downstairs of course. Who said watching Downton Abbey don't learn us colonials proper et-t-kat

• Profile Photo

Thank you good sir, we lower class know our place.

• Profile Photo

Don't we all...lol

• Profile Photo

Just a teaser, can anyone spot the cock up on the paint plans for the Gladiator?

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It may be my computer resolution, but aren't the colors on the upper surface of the lower wings supposed to be lighter than the dark green / dark earth? Built one of these many years ago and seem to remember something about that..may have to dive into my old copy of "Camouflage and Markings" to be sure.

• Profile Photo

Is it the "Buzz Number" & Roundels on the lower wing? I think those shouldn't be there. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 9 months ago:

C'mon then Simes ,whats up with it ?
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I looked those paint plans over pretty well and it all looks pretty legit to me. The only thing I can guess is the fuselage roundels should be tri-colored with a thin yellow band.

• Profile Photo

Well dear chaps, if you look carefully at the plans you will see that something does not tally up.
    Look at the underneath plan towards the rear you will see that it shows brown on both sides of the centre line but when you look at the side profile it shows green on the starboard side.
    So which way do I go dear friends?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Believe I would go with the side profiles. If you look at the top view it appears that everything lines up plus I think that is a variation of the traditional RAF scheme.

• Profile Photo

Cheers Al that is what I was going with.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Folks, a little update.
    Not a lot really but things have progressed at last.
    Most of the parts that needed to be primed have been.
    Next step base coats and details.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Simon, you and Rose have made a start, all things proceed from there. Look forward to seeing both models move ahead.