B-26 Marauder For D-Day

Started by Frank Cronin · 22 · 9 years ago · Monogram 1/48
  • Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 10 years, 1 month ago:

This is another one I had started quite a number of years ago and also stopped for some reason or another. I thought I would do this one also for the D-Day build. It will be OOB with the exception of Aero Master decals. It will be "I****s Delight" from the 575th BS, 391st BG.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    bob mack said 10 years, 1 month ago:

looks like the hard parts done

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Love the mono B-26 - Good choice Frank.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Looking forward to this build. Have this kit as well, but won't attempt it for this GB, it would take me too long to build it. Have the Airfix 72nd scale kit which is pretty detailed for an older kit, but also have an Eduards detail set for it as well which is quite extensive and wouldn't fit in with this GB either. So enjoy the project Gregor, your off to a great start.

Chuck

• Profile Photo
    Jack Crumbliss said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I LOVE IT
    My father flew 65 missions in the B-26 322nd Bomb Group 451st Bomb Sqn. out of England and France. He arrived in England in early August of 44,so he missed D_DAY, but saw plenty WAR before going home in early 45.
    I also love this kit and need to build a few of my own as I have about a dozen of them.

I***t's Delight was a popular name on the Marauder for some reason as the 322nd , 391st and the 397th had one.

Watching with interest

• Profile Photo
    Erich Goldbach said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hey Frank, Looking great so far, I'm sure with another belt of the "Irish spirit" it will progress seamlessly...Looking forward to the completed model!

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years, 1 month ago:

i***t's Delight ? I'm usualy O.K. at working these out but this ones got me, I'm sure no-one will be offended if you spell it out fully,or you could send me a private message.
    Cheers N.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years, 1 month ago:

That happened to be our profanity filter kicking in. Fixed now...

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Sub-assemblies completed and painted. Fuselage re-scribed. What could have caused you to stop and shelve this? Hope it was a beautiful woman. Anything less would be ridiculous! Looking forward to seeing her done.

• Profile Photo
    Mark Housley said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Looking Good Frank, Have you re-scribed the panel lines it looks like you have sanded top surfaces of the wings and fuselage
    iv got one of these in my stash minus the instructions would you be willing to post them to me when you are done with em ? i can pay you the postage costs via PayPal if you have an account but its no problem if you want to keep em Frank im sure i could find some a little closer to home if i try.

Cheers
    Mark

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Mark,
    Send me your address on a private note and I will mail it off to you right away.

Frank

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 10 years ago:

A bit of an update on the B-26 and C-47. They are coming along. I will be taking a small necessary break in the construction but hope to return to finish these soon.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

More photos, I hope.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 years ago:

Contrary to popular belief, the Marauder does not have a framed nosecap (done my share of those that way), but like the B-17 it is all plastic with no framing. Nobody's going to ding the model for doing this - (ye who are free of sin, cast the first stone!) - but it you want to get it right and can dip that in some paint remover that won't kill the clear plastic, you might want to give it a shot.

For further info, the D-Day stripes on the fuselage are the regulation 24 inch stripes for multi-engine aircraft, while the wing stripes are much narrower, so they only cover the wing outboard of the engine nacelle and inboard of the ailerons. That's not obvious from most photos, but it is what you want to do.

HTH
    '

• Profile Photo

Tom,
    Very true about the nose of the B-26. I first noticed this years ago viewing "Flack Bait" at the Smithsonian. But alas the way the kits are made they make one think the nose is framed. I submit to this mistake but paint it anyway. When finished it will be obvious e stripes are you have only wish that some d a correct and upgraded B-26 in 1/48.