What to build?

Started by Erik Gjørup · 41 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Please share your ideas of what to build in this group. Some ideas are listed below:

Hawker: Duiker, Woodcock, Cygnet, Hedgehog, Horseley, Heron, Hornbill, Danecock, Harrier, Hawfinch, Hart, Hoopoe, Tomtit, Hornet, Osprey, Nimrod, Fury, Audax, Dantorp, Demon, Hart, Hind, Hartbeest, Hurricane, Hector, Henley, Hotspur, Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest, Sea Fury, Sea Hawk, Hunter, and many more.

Hawker Siddeley: Trident, HS.748/Andover, Kestrel, Harrier, Nimrod, Argosy, Buccaneer, Hunter, Hawk to name some.

Some of the above were manufactured under other names, but can relate to the Hawker brand in some way. The company can also be associated to missiles, railway equipment and many other things. Make your case for your build, relating it to the Hawker name in some way.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Thanks a lot for the invitation, Erik @airbum
    A great idea to honor this aircraft company. Ones that are still on my wishlist, not very original though, are a Hurricane, a Tempest or a Dutch Hunter (although this is a jet).

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Or even a Dutch Hurricane. A not so often seen scheme also.

• Profile Photo

Most welcome @johnb. This is a hidden group for the time being, so no need to open the box just yet 🙂

It will become public later on, and already started topics will not be visible till then. I also need to insert a few pictures - I just made the GB to remind me to do it.

• Profile Photo
    Klavs Nielsen said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Thanks a lot for your invitation Erik @airbum. Brilliant idea to honor the Hawker company.

Looking at my stash I find a few relevant topics. A Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Harrier and a Buccaneer. So now I have to decide where to start…

• Profile Photo

Most welcome Klavs. I suppose I will be getting this group made official soon. Stay tuned for that to happen - and that also means you have a bit longer to decide what to build 🙂 (if not them all @klavs1972)

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Thanks for the invitation, my friend @airbum! I am thinking of the 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer...yes, the older criticized mold...

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thanks for the invite, Erik (@airbum). Great idea for a group. A Hurricane and a Hunter are definitely on my list. By the way, this is listed as a hidden group. I had trouble finding it.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Most welcome @gblair. The group was started as an invite-only group, but it should be visible under groups.

I had forgotten to push a button - now it should work. I plan on making it public soon, but wanted to test a few things first. Looking forward to some of your listed builds 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Just a few pictures from my files as an inspiration;

Hunter - probably an obvious choice?

or a HS buccaneer?

How about a HS 748

or something bigger

a Bagdhad Fury?

or a bizjet?

with this small inspiration I shall be happy to see your bid for something hawker-related!

Keep it fun!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I have a Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane IID that I want to do, as well as a 1/48 Airfix Hunter that I just got today at my local hobby shop. Too many kits to build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

GREAT pictures, very motivating, my friend @airbum! You are right, my friend @gblair : too many kits to build, but your choices sound great!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Unfortunately no Hawker aircraft in my stash (which is not that big 🙂 ) but aiming for a Hurricane as well, Erik @airbum
    @gblair, great choices, too many kits or too little time 😉

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Hey Erik! @airbum I accepted your invite without any hesitations, and I have no Hawker model in the stash, but this is the perfect excuse to finally get the late Tempest box from Eduard, a kit I’ve been eager to get for quite some time. I’ll post when the occasion comes by

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Erik Gjørup (@airbum)
    Hey Erik ! Thanks for the invite.

I definitely have a Hawker or two to build for this group. I have several Hurricanes, and a few Typhoon and Tempests as well. I will see what others decide to do, and then make up my mind. Mine are all 1/48 scale, and from either WW2 or the Korean War eras. These are older Eduard kits, or Hasegawa molds, but I even have an old Hobbycraft Hurricane as well. It's the Night Fighter boxing and I think it has 20 MM cannons in the wings going from memory.

I have been wanting to build a Korean War Sea Fury, so that might be what I will start with, depending on what others chose first. This too is an old Hobbycraft kit.

This should be fun, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again. I'm honored to be among my good friends.

Take care.