[Solved] Can’t add replies to my topic!

Started by Max Williams · 12 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Max Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

When I replied to “a reply” to my in-build topic on the Gloster Gauntlet, I had an error message come up and now I can’t reply to anything, p8 of the topic simply says there are no posts despite the previous 7 pages. I really don’t understand what’s happened, very frustrating!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

I remember similar issues happening at times in the past, my friend @maxw. Usually the error would clear itself out after a day or so...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros, I’m hoping for intervention from Admin to correct it rather than rely on serendipity!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

I'm facing the same issue on your topic at this moment, Max @maxw
    From time to time this occurs, not sure why.
    As said by Spiros @fiveten, it seems to clear itself after some time.

• Profile Photo

In a strange way that’s reassuring John! Being new here I thought I had committed a cardinal sin!

• Profile Photo

Very happy to report that the issue is resolved, probably able to re-post about 3 hours or so after my criminal act!

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Hello gents. I'm on it, but need more info. When trying to add a test post to @maxw groups topic (on Gloster Gauntlet, right?), I haven't had any problems, either from my account, or as far as I can see, from any other account.
    I'm using Google Chrome on Windows.

Therefore I need more info.

• What was the error message?
    • Did it appear when trying to send in your reply, or at some earlier point?
    • Were you uploading pictures, or just posting some text?

"p8 of the topic simply says there are no posts despite the previous 7 pages. I really don’t understand what’s happened, very frustrating!"
    Ah, ok this may give some indication. Would you please try posting again...

• Profile Photo

It’s sorted now thank you, but for your info I was posting from an Apple iPad and perhaps crucially tried to add a smiley emoticon….perhaps that was the problem?

• Profile Photo

No I wouldn't think that smileys/amoticons pose any problems(s) although I will double-check that. I understand there were no picture uploads involved - in such case I think I know which direction to investigate. As @johnb mentioned earlier, we've had an occasional problem when a topic paging would be corrupted due to a failed posting, that of course is a bug in the original forum software. It gets fixed automatically as we perform cross-checks on all forum indexes every few hours.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

With the older server, adding emoticons would usually but not always cause the same error, my friend @techsupport. This would happen when adding an emoticon from the already supplied and it was very strange. Creating an emoticon the classic way by using punctuations never caused a problem.

• Profile Photo

Good input @fiveten, I will follow this lead

• Profile Photo

Thank you for your input @techsupport, it’s reassuring that you’re proactive.