Can't Find the Mute This Topic button

Started by Greg Kittinger · 8 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I know I've used it before, and I even followed the link at the bottom of an email that says "follow this link and Mute This Topic to not receive email", but I just cannot find it!

By the way - it might be useful to have an FAQ section added for questions such as these - though I don't know how many such questions come up from time to time.

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Greg, if you want to change the way notifications are handled in a group, you can do so by clicking on "Member Options" and select the option you prefer.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks, Boris...I wanted to assist Greg, but I couldn't find it, either. 🙁

• Profile Photo

So here's the thing - there USED to be a place where you could select within each topic whether or not to be notified, or to "follow" posts of that topic. I could then select those topics or builds that were of interest to me to be notified of activity. I cannot find that now, but in Member Options I just have global email settings, AND although I selected to "receive no email," I've still received email all weekend!

Does following a particular topic no longer exist? If it does, where is it? If it doesn't, I think it limits participation on the site, as I'm not interested in every WIP or topic, and don't have the bandwidth to have to delete email on topics of no interest. If it was eliminated, I would respectfully ask to have it restored.

In the mean time, could we please figure out how to make my "no email" selection work?

Thanks,

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Greg, sorry for the inconvenience! We are looking into this issue, I'll keep you updated.
    Could you tell me in which group specifically you are encountering this problem?

Cheers,
    Boris

• Profile Photo

Well - I couldn't find the buttons in any of them, but all the new topics posting recently in the Aircraft WIP group are sending me emails - it started with Morne's Beaufighter.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Sorry Greg for any inconvenience caused by my Beaufighter posts.

• Profile Photo

@mornem - totally not your fault! I'm actually following the build, but just like to check-in on my own time vs. having emails cascading into my inbox. I know the iM team will get it sorted soon! And the build is fantastic!