I need your help.... :(

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 13 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 4 years, 9 months ago:

A shameful and sincere request from any/all fellow modelers – I would gratefully accept any/all donations from those who can afford to donate any funds for me – I’m spread rather thin since I’ve become widowed. I need new eye glasses and do not have the money to get them. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 4 years, 9 months ago:

I am sorry for your loss, even if you dont have will, you should continue modelling to occupy your mind.
    Tv-series in background while modelling helps me.
    As for donation, i am happy to help, Paypal would be the best as Europe to USA transaction fee is absurdly high.
    Stay strong.

• Profile Photo

I truly appreciate your thoughts and assistance. My email for PP is:
    [email protected]

...and thank you once again.

• Profile Photo

Only got the one response...perhaps I've over-stepped. If so, I apologize.

• Profile Photo
    Russell Jurco said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Craig,
    There is no need to apologize. I was intrigued by the topic tab to see if someone needed help with decals or a kit part. I do not think many people venture past the new posts very often. I know I do not. I too am very sorry for your loss. My dad died ten days ago so I am experiencing some of the emotional challenge that you are. Fortunately, the financial challenge did not accompany it. I will contact you via your e-mail and you will be in our prayers.
    Russ

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Russ...I sent you a reply as well. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 4 years, 8 months ago:

I want to again thank the 2 people who were kind enough to help me regarding my recent request for some much needed financial assistance. I was hoping more folks would join the "cause", but I guess this was the wrong way to go about it, despite my situation. Apologies for the apparent insensitivity on my part. Offense was not intended. Thank you.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Craig. I just saw this this morning. You’ve been a great friend to many here. Pleased to help in my own little way.

• Profile Photo

I just saw this as well, David...your action is deeply appreciated, my friend.

• Profile Photo

And to you, "snarfburger" - I sent a personal email thanking you, too - it's comforting to know there are fellow modelers out there willing to lend a hand to others. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Will Smith said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Hello, Craig,
    Glad to hear you are going to continue modeling. I know how vital being able to see is. I'm in the middle of my own financial crisis. Auto repairs can be so rough on the budget. As soon as I have that squared, I will check on you to see what you need.
    Hang in there.

• Profile Photo

Hello, Will...actually, I haven't done any modeling in quite some months - merely been keeping myself "in the loop" on iModeler - I doubt I'll ever get back to building if the truth be known. Sold everything related to the hobby a while back and don't foresee being able to replace it all and start over (especially now). Look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for your reply and concern - I appreciate it.

• Profile Photo

I'm abandoning my hopes for any additional "help" in my dilemma forthwith and will no longer solicit further "donations" from the modeling community. I had hopes of a "stronger turnout" to assist in my financial 'woes' of late, but I guess this was NOT the way to proceed and I now feel embarrassed for putting my fellow modelers in what some may consider an awkward situation. I again thank those 4 participants for their assistance and wish you ALL happy modeling and I will continue to 'lurk' and add my .02 to the majority of postings for the foreseeable next few months, keep clicking on those "friendship requests" and try to stay 'in the loop' until I reach that magic 6-figure Karma total, at which point I'll most likely desist from any further posting(s) of any kind and quietly "retire" from the forum. Even though I can no longer build, my interest in the hobby shall continue. Thanks again for your indulgence in my personal rants and allowing me the opportunity to stay in touch. 🙂