New Article Button Problem

Started by Paul Nash · 7 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Nash said 4 years, 9 months ago:

I've posted a few articles in the past and thought the process worked well. I've written a new article which I was planning to post on iModeler as I've done before. Clicking on the red New Article button on the headline page fails to open up the form for the new article. Is there a temporary problem or is it my usual ineptitude? Any advice would help. Thanks - Paul

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Paul,
    Just tested it, no problem on our end - but that does not neccessarily mean anything. Could you provide me with a bit of info?

• What device are you on? (PC, Notebook, Tablet, Smart Phone)
    • What browser are you using? (e.g. Firefox, Chrome etc.)
    • Are you accessing the site from a public or company computer, or your home device?

Cheers,
    Boris

• Profile Photo

Hi Boris - Thanks for your quick reaction. I've used the same computer for a number of years, a Toshiba Satellite laptop from my home. I've also used Firefox for a number of years, probably for all the time I've been accessing your website. I have a hi speed broadband connection with BT, but haven't some across this problem with other sites.

Needless to say, any thoughts would be welcome. I usually shut the laptop down each evening so maybe when I log on in the morning, it may have changed. I first noticed this a week or so ago but was then only trying to refresh my knowledge of how to go about inserting a new article after a couple I put on the site last years. I now have a new article ready to go as well as the required pics.
    Paul

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Had the same issue sporadically, either iPad or phone. Can’t really understand why but since is not a permanent situation didn’t mind much

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Thanks for your answers, Paul! One thing I forgot to ask - what exactly happens when you click the "Add new article" button?

• Profile Photo

Hi Boris

I just checked the issue this morning and found the situation unchanged. When I left click on the red new article button, it briefly seems to register the key stroke by the red colour changing momentarily, then it's back to the original colour and no new page opens to allow the new content to be entered.

The only thing I think may have changed at my end is that sometime within the last month, Firefox installed an update. Not being really computer-savvy, I haven't noticed anything else changing since the update, apart from the issue we're discussing.

Any simple ideas most welcome since it'd be a shame not to be able to enter articles. I seem to be able to see everything else that's there.

Paul

• Profile Photo

I just tried as an experiment the google chrome browser, which seems to overcome the problem of the new article page not opening, so I can get round to posting the article I have ready to go.
    However, I prefer using Firefox for a number of reasons so if there are any ideas why this function doesn't seem to work with Firefox, I'd love to hear them. Paul