posting problems

Started by Greg Kittinger · 9 · 8 years ago · comments, posting problems, reply
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Not sure what is happening. When I posted a new article yesterday, I couldn't edit it, and apparently my name didn't even appear until later.

I went back to add some relys and a new comment this morning, and none of them are being accepted by the system.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Greg,
    Yesterday we have performed an upgrade of our core system, something we usually do every month or two. Unfortunately, this time the upgrade brought an unwanted side effect whereupon the new articles we no longer marked with a proper author id.

This is the reason why your name didn't appear alongside your article and consequently, the system could not accurately give you an authority to edit it.

Fortunately, we have just implemented a fix to this problem and repaired your Royal Navy jet article.

We also reviewing if there are any outstanding issues and to that end, I would like you to re-test your posting abilities and if still not working, bring us some more details on what the exact malfunction is (re: "and none of them are being accepted by the system.").

Sorry for your inconvenience with this
    /M

• Profile Photo

Still a glitch in the system. I tried to post via the Reply buttons to some of the comments on my post, and I also tried the Comment button to post on both my post and Tom Cleavers. None of those attempts were successful.

• Profile Photo

We cannot seem to be able to replicate your problem, all is working fine on this end testing with multiple user ids. Since you mention that posting comments and replies doesn't work, I believe that could be some corrupt javascript cached (saved since the previous visit) in your browser.

Please try to use Ctr+F5 att the offending page to reload it completely. Also, I have changed the path to our key scripts to ensure that these will be reloaded.

• Profile Photo

...I have also made sure to flush all server-side caching so ensure that no scripts is lagging on our end.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 4 months ago:

My apologies, Martin, if I over-stepped by bounds regarding replies to [certain] posts. I didn't see an author's name and there appeared to be no personal "limitations", so I responded accordingly. I see now that it has been removed, so I thought I'd better explain myself.

• Profile Photo

Martin - I just attempted to post to Steffan's wood effect post, and I am still unable to post! Am I somehow now blocked from posting via a glitch?

• Profile Photo

Martin - I went back to Steffan's page, tried the Cntl+F5, and attempted to post again - still no result. I am not sure what else to attempt on my end...

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Greg,

Really sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't on our end. Yo haven't been blocked for sure. Just to sort things out - when you click that Reply button (do you see the reply button?), nothing happens at all? Or are you getting into the reply form.

Also, at the bottom of all comments there should be a comment form. You should be able to type something in it, then click "Post comment" button. Then what nothing happens, or are you getting any new page/message?

Also, are you able to comment on any headline article at all, or just these two/three?

Lastly, where in the world are you located?