Audi RSQ

Started by Matija Skobe · 30 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Look at the shadows under the ‘car’ - it’s clearly hovering. Clearly. As in...without doubt.

matija_skobe

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 1 month ago:

It's definitely floating there.

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 4 years, 1 month ago:

an update,
    this is first sphere(ish) "wheel" and it takes to long to make it with layering styrene, so i seek your ideas and every advice on how to make sphere wheel is very welcome.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Matija @matija_skobe, If the wheels are all the same, I would suggest creating a master then a mold and cast resin copies. I've never used this technique, but have seen examples by others. Should be able to find something on YouTube.

Maybe Michael Rieth @mrieth can chime in on this as well.

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Matija, @matija_skobe for the wheels, I suggest filling around the "spokes" with Apoxie Sculpt or similar. Use a Sharpie on the edge to make it black. After the Apoxie Sculpt dries, wet sand down to the black edge and stop. I use this technique for some of my masters.

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 4 years, 1 month ago:

@jamesb unfortunately wheels are not the same, as they follow the shape of the car/fenders they are slightly different in horizontal and vertical contours, and that is the reason i made a wheel on the body as it is only way to flush its edges with fender

@mrieth i filled back end with miliput so i can drill the inward cone part of the wheel.

But yes your idea is how i should do it, only i need to make it detachable so i dont fill the gap between fender and wheel

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 4 years ago:

aaaaaaaaand action... well there was some.
    so combining

we get

and for transparent hubcap

for the new approach, to save wheel-fender gap and avoid terrible scribing, i used Mr.Rieth`s method to make "wheels" (big THANK you) and its faster and better and easier.

stay tuned

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years ago:

Applause. . .

Very good scratchbuilding. I'm excited to see the honeycomb pattern on the clear parts!

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 4 years ago:

@airbum sorry to disappoint you, the honeycomb pattern is behind the clear hubcap (yellow part in my case)

• Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 3 years, 12 months ago:

to finalize this saga here are finished pictures.
    Not proud of final product, but i learned how NOT to scribe panels.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Wow Matija @matija_skobe, this turned out fantastic! Nicely done. You should be proud, I mean, this is at a level most modelers dream of!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Great! - and the honeycomb visible through the clear part just stands out - WELL DONE!

• Profile Photo

@jamesb if you could see it up close, you would agree it was a sloppy model and it is at beginners level.
    The windows are black because scalpel slipped and cut through windshield. Bad pictures hide more bad mistakes.

• Profile Photo

@airbum hahaha it was the easiest part, printed on regular paper and glued. with a pinch of gloss

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Matija @matija_skobe, still looks pretty impressive to me.