Christine is cruising to the iModeler at The Movies Group Build.

Started by John Richards · 8 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Richards said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I remember loving this movie, and the car when I went to see it in the theater in1983. I loved the movie so much that I took 2 different girls to see it in the same week. LOL. Here is a bit of trivia about the Car, Christine's license plate reads CQB-241. CQB stands for Close Quarter Battle. I was 18 years old then. I already have the kit in my stash of models. I am very excited about this build and plan to post work in progress photos to share with the group. Please also share yours.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Excuse the pun but this will be a classic. I read all of King's books as a teenager and loved Christine - something about the lone kid whose hobby became an obsession somehow resonated, can't think why.

Really looking forward to seeing updates and hope to see CBQ-241 take shape - and hey, if she starts to build herself, you are on your own.

• Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Great movie, beautiful car, excellent idea John!

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Great idea, John! I wasn't a BIG horror fan - I'm still not - but I read 4 or 5 of his novels, this being one of them and my favourite.

• Profile Photo

If she starts ton build herself, I am going to smash her and save myself! LOL.

• Profile Photo

My all time favorite of King's is The Stand. I have read it 4 times. I was able to buy the original hardcover first edition in an antique store. He is coming out with so many books latley, a few a year I think. The latest one I have read is the sequel to the Shining, called Dr. Sleep, about Danny as an adult. Danny was the kid in The Shining, and he grows up to wok in an Old Folks Home, but there is a group of Gypsy's traveling around that are kind of like Vampires. This group lives long immortal lives by kidnapping people like Danny who have The Shining. They can suck The Shining out and it keeps them young. It was a great read.

• Profile Photo
    Mon Falcone said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Excellent choice. Laughing at David's comment. Yes I think this one will build itself.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Hi Mon,
    I'm really looking forward to this build. Will you be making her in pristine condition or a bit beaten?

@johnr19067