“Here’s to Swimmin’ with Bow-Legged Women”

Started by david leigh-smith · 550 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Wow, that is a big boat if you can get a Funco POP in the pulpit! (And other than the large head, Quint looks almost spot on for scale!)

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Hey, Josh...great to 'see' you. Yep, I was surprised Quint fit so well on the boat - now I need to ask Davis if he can get Hooper and Brody (and Bruce) to come to the party.

@jpatt1000

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 9 months ago:

nooooooo... wrong on so many levels! The lady was sittin' pretty, ready to become radiantly clothed, and now has been made a cartoon! Might as well color her with magic markers!

Ok - enough rant - all in fun! Only Davis could find such a guard to monitor progress under his watchful eye. Just don't set him next to a chalkboard...

• Profile Photo

No, Greg, Quint is just making a cameo. Not to worry - the lady will be set out soon in all her splendour - very soon. I think Davis just needed a little light relief; next up - a new cabin interior and a shiny shark cage - thanks for dropping by, Chief.

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo

Got the Orca back on track and made net gains after the calamities of last weekend.

Got almost all the interior cabin furniture replaced, rebuilt, fitted.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 4 years, 9 months ago:

How appropo, I can only assume David you where a little ashen at the staining situation and like all good modelers you took another swing at the situation and made a grand come back. A baseball bat ( being made of "Ash") seems to be the natural thing to do. Things are turning for the better. Now where is the bell?

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Great save, David! the mark of a master, to not give up in the face of disaster.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Are the promise of points still valid then I guess at a bat, a baseball bat that is. Keep the positive vibes flowin' - great topic David, and even though I do not leave a lame comment at every post you make, I follow with interest.

• Profile Photo

“You go in the cage. Cage goes in the water. Shark’s in the water. Our shark...”

Stephen, the ship’s bell will be ringing this weekend. The scheduled ‘to do’ list is below...

This evening I started on the shark cage.

@stephen-w-towle

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Tom. As ‘they’ say, there’s worse things happen at sea...

• Profile Photo

Erik, please follow along. Comment or no, the knowledge that there’s real people out there gives some encouragement and added motivation on these longer builds. Makes one feel a little less madisolatedgeek...ish.

@airbum

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 4 years, 9 months ago:

I assume the fighting chair is in the works?

• Profile Photo

Matt, the fighting chair is there on the ‘to do’ list in the photo, but if you look closely, it is followed by a question mark. The chair is part of an in-built ‘future proofing’ of this project. The Orca herself can be augmented, there’s the ‘Indy’ to be built, I’ll probably add a mechanical ‘Bruce’ at some point, and the base itself may evolve into a more organic presentation. A project that just keeps giving.

For the moment, though, I think I’ll leave that sub-assembly for a winter (in this half of the globe, anyway) addition. The chair itsel is a movie anomoly - you’ll note it disappears after the first encounter with the shark.

The actual chair was on auction recently with a starting bid of a reasonable $8000...

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 4 years, 9 months ago:

David! Wow, this is looking great! Love the baseball reference. Nice touch.