Space; the final frontier. These are the voyages…

Started by david leigh-smith · 146 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I don't have anything to add, other than this is a great thread.

I wish I hadn't come to the conclusion back when that while I did know "something" had happened to me, I didn't know what it was, but I knew that while I didn't know I could pass it on. I decided three generations of insanity was enough and whacked the chain into pieces with an axe. I don't know how it happened, but my still-crazy sister managed to raise a sane son, who married the world's best woman and I love them both to pieces, second only to their offspring - one of whom is going to design the Mars ship, and the other is going to fly it there. So I get to enjoy it knowing I am no longer a carrier of the virus of whatever you want to name it.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Tom, that’s a great post. If only we could all lose just a little of that ‘virus’ each generation then the species would truly be on to something.

• Profile Photo
    Mon Falcone said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Some interesting posts here and looking forward to seeing this trekky build materialize.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Wiley said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Tom, you are spot on. You are better off for following your own dreams and desires. It reduces the coulda, shoulda, woulda list. @tcinla

David,
    Congrats! Grandkids are the best. In fact, as someone once said, “if I would have known how much fun they would be, I would have skipped kids and went straight for grandkids”. 🙂 @dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Here's a cup of tea to relax by.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I had no idea that Revell made an Enterprise; I'm about to start the re-issue AMT 16" version. I am looking forward to seeing your finished model!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I don't know how I missed the start of this thread, but I just read it all the way through, and I'm both entertained and inspired - and from a Vulcan modeling site, no less! Kudos to all who have tagged along for the ride and contributed!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 1 month ago:

@roofrat - just saw this - fantastic, now onto Amazon...

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Sherwood. Taken my for off the pedal with this one - was supposed to be a Christmas gift - didn’t specify what Christmas, though.

Appreciate you posting.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Greg. You may have inspired me to get this back on the bench. Much appreciated.
    “MajQa!”

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Just saw a couple on ebay.