Speed Racer – Mach 6

Started by Michael Paquette · 6 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Paquette said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I'm involved with an Facebook group that's doing a racing theme group build and I just realized it will also fit in with this one. I'm doing Jada's 1/24 scale snap kit (with glue and mods) of the Mach 6 race car from the 2008 'Speed Racer' movie -not a great movie but I liked the Hotwheels inspired race scenes.

I'll be opening up some vents and reworking (what I think are) wheel locks on the wheel hubs. Haven't decided to finish it up in the pristine pre-race white or the end of the race beat-up adn battered look.

This is supposed to be done for mid November so plenty of time for me to get to the USS Tigerfish from 'Ice Station Zero'.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Looks like your about to do something you don't normally do, cars. Good on you.
    I'll be interested to see how it looks painted.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Great to see you start the Mach 6 and looking forward to seeing the Tigerfish, Michael. Hope you are enjoying your return to the hobby.

@smrjpaqu899

• Profile Photo
    Michael Paquette said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks, David. I even have a space for the Triomphant build. I need to post picutures.

Good luck with the dental work.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

The Triomphant class are sleek beasts and look so intimidating. Hope to see it in the ‘headlines’ pages - we don’t get many subs in these parts.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Nice choice with the Mach 6 Michael!