The Blue Max

Started by David Mills · 18 · 4 years ago · Dioramas, Movies, The Blue Max
  • Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 7 months ago:

This is one of the first aviation movies I remember and still one of the best.
    I will aim to do a scene from the bridge!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Brilliant Choice, David! I was wracking my brain over this GB and briefly pondered on The Blue Max. The current progress in WW1 kits makes this really appealing. There are so many war films to pick from! This will be a brilliant one to research and to create! Can't wait to see it shape up!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks, David.

As Paul says, there’s been a lot of love shown on iModeler recently for WW1 machines. I loved ‘The Blue Max’ - and ‘Aces High’ (which came out in the movie a fair bit after TBM. Both had great dogfights but the Blue Max definitely shades it for me.

I’m interested in which you’ll choose...

Thanks again, David - this will be an amazing contribution!

@davem

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

This is going to be an amazing build... I'm watching, and just found this photo of an original movie poster.

Love it ...

• Profile Photo
    G. Ley said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Why is Ursula Andress in WWII, British flight garb?

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

She’s wearing British Flight garb...?

...never noticed.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Thank you in advance for the support Paul. I have a number of WW1 kits in the stash and have been thinking I should start one - well here's the perfect opportunity. I'll need to look at the film to hone my ideas!

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks dave@dirtylittlefokker I'm looking for a scale figure of Ursula Andress as we speak ! Not sure about the flying kit.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Louis, that poster is inspirational - I am digging out my dvd of the film!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

If you find one let me know...

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the support@flyingwrench. Its vexing that isn't it, and with what could be a WW1 aircraft in the back ground!
    I expect we may just have to find it within us to forgive her!

• Profile Photo

I enjoyed Aces High very much @dirtylittlefokker always watch it when it comes around on TV.
    The Blue Max was better though.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Step 1: Take two little Fokkers. One for Bruno and one for Willi...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Sure I saw a diorama of that poster a while back

• Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 4 years, 11 months ago:

@davem @dirtylittlefokker I just stumbled on this 3 month old post - but thought you would want the news that there IS a figure of Ursula from the Blue Max. Squadron put out an "Encore" kit of the Pfalz that included the spurious Blue Max markings as well as figures of Ursula Andress and George Peppard. Not sure about the current availablity - I see it on the Squadron website, but it looks like it now comes with a resin base, so not sure about the figs.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/encore/kit_encore_32004.shtml