The Bridges of Toko-Ri, Lieutenant Brubaker’s Panther jet, Revell F9F

• 65 posts
  • Last reply 3 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 61 - 65 of 65 posts
  • Michael Paquette said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Coming along nicely. I’d like to get hold of this kit for my 1/48 Grumman cat collection.

• Allan J Withers said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Louis, just picked this up at a local opp shop, have yet to watch it, would have seen it on tv years ago !!!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Michael E Rieth said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great build so far.
    The Bridges at Toko-Ri won an Academy Award for Best Effects, Special Effects for the miniature flying sequences like the attack on the bridge.
    Tom Cleaver, the Furball decals I used on my Banshee say Cmr M. U. Beebe lol

• Louis Gardner said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words and compliments on this build so far.

As soon as I get the two 1/32 scale Mustangs off the work bench, I’ll try to get this one done. I’m also working on the two F4U Corsairs………. Since I’ll be spraying the same overall top coat colors, I will try to have this one ready to paint at the same time.

Thanks again !!! 🙂

• Tom Cleaver said 3 months, 1 week ago:

For those who may be interested in the *real* story of “The Bridges at Toko-ri” (the novel is based on the six weeks James A Michener spent on USS Essex and USS Valley Forge October 1951-February 1952). the story is in my new book, “Holding The Line: The Naval Air Campaign in Korea.”

(Spoiler alert: “Brubaker” and “Forney” were captured and survived POW camp, walking across the Freedom Bridge at Panmunjom six weeks after Paramount bought the rights to the novel and announced the movie.)

There actually was a reservist named Brubaker, who was a lawyer from Denver. LT Donald Brubaker, a Skyraider pilot in VF-154 aboard Essex.

Viewing 61 - 65 of 65 posts