Tonight I added the larger decals for Brubaker’s plane.
I used several still photos that were taken by pausing the movie when it came to a place where the Panther jet was in focus for a specific part of the airframe. This helped a lot, and I noticed a few small discrepancies with decal placement, when comparing the kit instructions and the various planes that were used in the movie.
Some of the bureau numbers were located in different places, as were the location of the “NAVY” and VF-192 markings. These were located in different stations or fuselage bulkheads on the various planes and models.
The movie has several planes (and possibly a few models) that are marked as Brubaker’s #209. The markings are a little different on each one.
I still have to apply the smaller stencils. There are quite a few of them !!
The canopy is completed now. It has a wrap around style decal that shows the enclosure release.
I also added the #9 decal to the main landing gear outer door.
I’ll have to go back and do a little touch up work with the decals, as some of them have a little bit of silvering. I’ll take care of this now before the planes gets another coat of clear acrylic. I noticed in these close up photos, (after I posted them), that some of the edges of a few decals are lifted a little.
I also have a lot of lint on the model from pressing the decals down with a warm moistened paper towel.
If things go well tomorrow, I’ll try to add the smaller stencils and give it another coat of Future acrylic clear.
It’s getting really close to being done now.
As always, comments are encouraged.