THE GREAT ESCAPE

Started by Peter Hausamann · 23 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

SCALE 1:100
    TUNNEL 'HARRY' 102 m. Scale length 1020 mm
    DIORAMA LENGTH 1200 mm. 1/scale length 120 m.
    DIORAMA WIDTH (approx) 300 mm. 1/scale width 30 m.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Peter, the more I see and read of your work here, the more I am convinced you actually ARE doc Emmett Brown: you don’t have a dog named Einstein running around that den, do you? Your capacity for imagination, planning, and execution is deeply impressive. And I’m beginning to suspect the only way you can expedite these seminal builds are with the aid of a time machine. Delorean in the garage?

Not one to rest on your laurels, are you?

• Profile Photo

Looks like my secret came out.

No rest for service to others.

• Profile Photo

Order a box of 1:100 scale plastic figurines from eBay. I think there are 10 varieties. Naturally, the female figurines can't be used, unless . . .

Here is one of them.

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Roberto Colaianni said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Great idea, something different from the "normal" models in the group build.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Roberto @roberto_colaianni for visiting this build. Because I am doing other builds as well, this particular build will start next year. But for now, it is in research and design mode.

By the way, your dioramas are not 'normal'. They are exceptionally well made.

• Profile Photo

Roberto, I’m happy to say that there’s many, many “different” models in this group build - please feel free to join us and add one yourself.

You’ll find that even within this unique collection of modelers, Peter has a reputation in terms of imagination and creativity. It is testament to iModeler that Peter’s skills have a platform and appreciative audience.

@roberto_colaianni

• Profile Photo
    Roberto Colaianni said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Peter, David, Just to avoid misunderstanding, by mentioning other "normal" model in the group build, I mean just those are made starting from a kit, whit or without all the usual range of aftermarket, I find ver appropriate for such kind of group build, to create a full scene of the movie, and not to be limited at an aircraft, ship or tank.

Unfortunately I' m the first not to follow my statement, since I will partecipate to the GB, with a kit: the Savoia S.21 "Porco Rosso" (which means "Red Pig"for those do not speak Italian.)

• Profile Photo

I see, Roberto - in which case you are correct, the ‘Bridge’ AND the ‘Tunnel’ projects are both unique. I’m sorry that I forgot you were doing the Porko Rosso build, I remember commenting how I loved ‘The Wind Rises’ which featured the inspirational Italian aircraft designer Giovanni Battista Caproni.

@roberto_colaianni

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 6 months ago:

No words. Just admiration.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul.
    Just saw your diorama of Rommel - it's outstanding. It shows future potential. Hope you will teach your son how to do dioramas. In any case, I hope to see more dioramas from your creativity. As you know, they are models with a story. Or in some cases, a story with a model. . . just thought of an idea . . . if the model does not turn out too well, one can always hide it in a diorama. 🙂

@yellow10

• Profile Photo

• Profile Photo

What a ‘great’ mixture of photos, Peter. It’s hard to compehend the conditions the men worked in (in a similar vein to your Kwai build) and the constant threat and pressure could only magnify the claustrophobic hostility of the environment. Hideous.

• Profile Photo

Hitler knew the underdogs have nothing to lose, except their life. So he ordered the murder of 50 POWs.

Sanity is harder to find than a diamond in the rough. I am still a poor man.