THE INVISIBLE MAN (just for fun)

Started by Peter Hausamann · 29 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I finally finished the model, but you need to wear these special glasses to see it.

However, after careful focus through an x-ray camera . . .

I finally caught an image of my model, a figurine of Dr Jack Griffin, for you to see.

Scale: 1/72
    Medium: Plastic, Nylon, and Putty.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Very cool!

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 6 months ago:

A great story and a wonderful choice Peter@tecko!
    Very clever!

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I thought you could only see him if it was rainin'...? 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Gary Wiley said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Maybe he could pilot my what-if stealth Piper Cub, as seen below. 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I was going to make an Invisible Man diorama, but just couldn’t see myself doing it...

• Profile Photo

• Profile Photo

@wiley2770

Does this mean that the Invisible Man is in cohorts with Wonder Woman?

• Profile Photo

David,

perhaps adopt an alter-ego to build the diorama for you. Mind you, Minder disappeared too.

@dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo
    Gary Wiley said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Hah! That's funny. I wonder why I hadn't seen that before? 🙂

@tecko

• Profile Photo

Researching into 'what is invisibility, and what is normally hidden from sight'.

These days, we take the following image for granted. But step back a minute and imagine you have never learnt, heard, or seen an x-ray image before. Here, are two people experiencing x-ray for the first time in history.

• Profile Photo

Universal were lining up the old classic horrors for reboots, but not sure what happened to the project. Cruise starred in ‘The Mummy’ and Depp was lined up for ‘The Invisible Man’ - have to look into that as I adore those classics. I made all the models as a kid; favourites were the ‘Creature from the Black Lagoon and ‘King Kong’.

• Profile Photo

Had no idea there were models from/for such old classics.
    Yes, some of those have made a come-back, such as the most common/known reboot, King Kong. Some TV series were rebooted as a movie too, such as Superman and The Addams Family.

David, I always have trouble finding the movie posters depository ARTICLE for iModeler at the Movies. Can it be linked on the GROUP HEADLINE, like the GROUP INFO button. Or, have it as a thread like all the other build logs here? Or some other way to easily find it, and add to it.

Also, is there a way to have any of the movie posters, in that thread/article linked to those who are build a model for it. In that way, others can gain access to the build, and know if that movie has been challenged for a build or not?

@dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo

Mr and Mrs Griffon (senior), a Family Album photograph.

• Profile Photo

I’ll work ha, Peter, especially the idea of a ‘poster inventory’. In the meantime if you want the poster thread just go to headlines in the Blue Banner and search ‘movies’ - it’ll pop up.

Thanks for the ideas!