The Spirit of St. Louis…

Started by gary sausmikat · 26 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Not sure if this is so but I get the impression that who you are seeing on the screen is who you'll get in real life. Not too many actors do "that" for me.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Tom, I can’t get enough of anything Jimmy Stewart does; I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched ‘Liberty Valance’, ‘Wonderful Life’, ‘Mr Smith’, ‘Vertigo’ and a whole host of others. If a movie with Stewart ever comes on TV, I HAVE to watch it.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 6 months ago:

All of his movies are watchable.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Indeed he is good. SWMBO can just about recite "Rear Window." "Liberty Valance" is excellent.

• Profile Photo

That’s tonight sorted, then. Snacks, a beer, projector. Jimmy.

• Profile Photo

Some iModeler Movie modeling motivation arrived on the porch today.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Glad to see you finally own it, Gary.

@gwskat

• Profile Photo

Thanks David.

Today I actually accomplished some work on my projects. As I stated in my opening post, I will be using a new model "genre", to me, card stock/paper. Because the original scale is too big for my builds I printed two model sets out at half size, which comes out to be approximately 1/65 scale. I printed them on Gray, 90lb index card stock. Hopefully this will be a good thickness for bending without too much trouble. I also have it printed on thicker stock for the internal formers. Again, this is all new to me but it's fun trying something new. I will be away this coming weekend so I won't be able to start cutting, bending and gluing until next week. More progression pics to follow once I start.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to it, Gary. It’s great to get out of the comfort zone; I know next to nothing about card stock models so this’ll be an education and maybe inspirational. Hope the trip goes well and look forward to you starting the project.

• Profile Photo

Just like Luck Lindy...going where no man has gone before! Wait a minute that's your Star Trek build...LOL .

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Not a Lindbergh artifact but being Jimmy Stewart's WW2 jacket i thought it was worth posting on my Spirit group build...