1/48 scale Italeri Focke Wulf Ta-152 H-1

Started by Louis Gardner · 22 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 1 month ago:

This is another kit I have been wanting to build for many, many years. I picked it up a long time ago. Going from memory, I might have had this kit in the stash for roughly 20-25 years. It's about time I get busy with it wouldn't you say ?

From what I have read about it online, this model was originally a Dragon kit, that was eventually re boxed by Italeri.

This "long wing" wonder by Kurt Tank is something I hope to build correctly as I carry on with the rest of these 190's in my Iron Werke assembly line.

So far I have painted the exhaust. Nothing else has been done.

So please follow along with me as we build these late war Luftwaffe wonders. This aircraft would lend itself nicely to be built as a 1/8 or 1/6 scale electric powered flying RC model. Maybe one day... 😉

As always comments are encouraged. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Great entry as well, Louis @lgardner
    Your modelling expertise will bring up a great set of Focke Wulfs.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

An amazing entry indeed, my friend @lgardner!

Though Dragon (/ex-Trimaster) kits have the reputation of being not among the easiest and un-fiddly, I have an extremely soft spot on them (possibly because "back then" they were the newcomers with lots of details , added PE, yes, the stainless steel hard ones! 🙂 and high hopes!). And it was great that many of their molds are done by other manufacturers, as is the case here!

Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 1 month ago:

So please follow along with me as we build these late war Luftwaffe wonders.

WILLCO!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 1 month ago:

@lgardner: Good choice. I know you will inspire me to pull my old Dragon kit off the shelf and get going. But first...

I will be following along taking notes.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 1 month ago:

It's a good project, @lgardner.

Here's my review on the kit, FWIW:

https://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/cleaver/g/190/tc152.htm

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years ago:

Not much to report, as I have not been able to get any bench time for a while now. Here is the Ta-152 with LQS applied along the fuselage seams. I have assembled the fuselage halves, and attached the upper wings. The engine air intake is also build, and installed. The cockpit has also been constructed and is now waiting on me to paint it. It will slip in from underneath once everything is painted up and ready to go.

In the background you can see the Dragon FW-190D-12. I will likely be painting it up as a "Big Tail" Dora 9. 😉
    I have another one of these D-12 kits, but the other one is a 1/48 Hobby Boss version. It too has been started.
    These various 190's along with the 1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109 G10 given to me by Tom Bebout are no SO close to having the RLM 66 painted in my usual "Iron Werke" style.

Soon I hope to have more progress posted, but recently bench time has been something not heard of around here.

As always, comments are encouraged. Thanks for stopping by.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Still great progress, my friend @lgardner!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Still good to see that some nice progress is done, Louis @lgardner
    Time at the bench will return to get your Iron Werke started.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years ago:

Small progress is progress after all! With all the basics on the various WIP's it will be a joy to load up the airbrush and go mad with 66...

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Last night I was spraying RLM 66 on a lot of things...including the now assembled cockpit and tires for these two planes. At least one set of tires shown in this picture is for a Ta-152... 🙂

By the time I realized I didn't take any pictures of the Ta-152 H1, I already had put most of the now painted parts away in their respective boxes.

As always, comments are encouraged. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Nice paintwork, Louis @lgardner

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

The RLM66 looks great, my friend @lgardner!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Ohh, I’m definitely following this one Louis @lgardner
    I have the same kit, indeed a rebox of the good ol Trimaster kit, but I also have in the stash a good amount of AM stuff, including an Eagle Call decal sheet.
    Want to check your “do and don’ts” in the build process. Hope you don’t mind mate 😉

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Looking forward to your next installment Louis @lgardner. When?