Eduard (ICM) 1/48 Do-17Z

Started by Tom Cleaver · 11 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The new Eduard limited edition kit of the ICM Do-17Z. Finally a chance to use the Dmold corrected resin tail I've had since the only option for this subject was the Classic Airframes kit.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice one Tom! Hope you don’t mind having a couple more builds based on the ICM box along. I don’t know that Dmold set but I’ll be using Vectors correction set on mine.
    Eagerly awaiting your progress and pick up the inevitable hints you give along the way 😉

• Profile Photo
    Paul Higgins said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Another good choice. I haven't got this one yet, but it'll be interesting to see how it amtches up to the Ju88 and He111 from the same manufacturer :-).

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hopefully all the other Eduard magic has been sprinkled over this boxing! The box art is very good too! Looking forward to this!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

An amazing choice, @tcinla!
    Looking forward to it and even more so as to see the corrected tail attached!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice choice, Tom @tcinla.
    This kit is in good hands, looking forward to the results.

• Profile Photo

Well, I made a discovery right off: the Dmold tail will not fit this kit. Unfortunately, I had to cut up the fuselage to discover that. Fortunately I have an ICM kit that just donated its fuselage halves to this project.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I don't see many of these built. I'm sure it will be great. Will it be a Battle of Britain aircraft?

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Tom, try Vector tail set if you can grab one, perhaps you can salvage the fuselages all depends where exactly did you cut the plastic to fit the resin part

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Another great choice, Tom (@tcinla). I am glad to see I am not the only one who finds out something won't fit until after I have done some unrecoverable.

• Profile Photo

@coling - most likely yes.