FALLSCHIRMJAGER VIGNETTE(S)

Started by gary sausmikat · 68 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks for the invite, Louis!

I finally am joining all these great builds happening here, but, like I did in the EoJ Group, I have to be different. So I'm throwing in with non-winged subjects but still fits the Groups "rules". Two vignettes displaying Luftwaffe Fallschirmjagers.

One vignette using the Tamiya Schwimwaggen.
    The other a PAK 40.
    The troopers in each "dio" will be a combination from figs kit and the figs from the PAK 40 kit.

Hope you enjoy following along.
    As always...KEEP IT FUN!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I shall be following this build, even if it is the wrong scale 🙂
    Looking forward to it Gary!

• Profile Photo
    Jim Altergott said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looking forward to seeing these as they come together. I love the "variation on a theme" approach you are taking! Inspires me to build an old Tamiya Pz.IV I have and dress it up in markings of the Herrman Georing Division in Sicily circa 1943.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Very interested to see these builds being completed, Gary.
    Looking forward to your first steps.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

These are some great entries, my friend @gwskat!
    Looking forward to them!

• Profile Photo

The Schwimwaggen sub assemblies ready for priming, hopefully tomorrow. I will also start laying out the base.

This is the kind of kit I could build over and over, similar to the Tamiya Jeep kit. Fun to build, simple, no issues and looks great.

Until next time...

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Gary, @gwskat
    I don't know how I did it, but I seemed to have missed your initial posting when you starting this endeavor. Please accept my apologies for not responding to you sooner.

I really like this new idea that you came up with... and having seen how magnificent your Empire of Japan project was, with the US military dogs, GI's and the knocked out Chi-Ha tank display, I am as excited as ever to see what you will come up with next.

By the looks of things, the Tamiya Schwimwaggen looks to be a fast and fun build. I have this same kit in the 1/35 scale armor stash... and the matching VW Kubelwaggen...

You just might have tempted me to build the Kubelwaggen to go alongside the 1/32 scale Revell Uhu. I already have the airfield base completed, and these two would go together like peanut butter and jelly, hot dogs and hamburgers, you get the idea. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, my friend @gwskat!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Great preperation, Gary.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, All. A small start but at least I'm moving forward...

No worries, Louis. I know you are a busy, busy, busy man.
    These vignettes will be small so not as ambitious as the box dio I did for EoJ. My main personal goal for this project is not using the figures straight out of the box...mixing them up, repositioning, etc. I have done this before but I'm hoping to hone my skills and take it further than in the past...we'll see how it goes.

As far as the Schwimwaggen and Uhu...keep an eye out with the scale difference. It doesn't seem like a lot of difference but sometimes it is very apparent to the minds eye with how they are presented. In real life if the Uhu was full scale the "car" would be three times smaller... Just my opinion.

Thanks again Bud!

• Profile Photo

Primed with Mr Surfacer 1500 Gray:

Main color with Mr. Color 39, Dark Yellow

• Profile Photo

Looking great, my friend @gwskat! Yellow is amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Row row row. . . . gently the assembly commences.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Wingless Luftwaffe - love it, Gary!

• Profile Photo

Main Assembly:

Instrument Panel:

Painted Dark Green and Red Brown.
    Dark Gray for Tires:

Large Details added:

I'll let this seat for a day or two. Next up weathering.